It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2003, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

Emmy2 HB User
Post Need thoat cancer info...Please help!!

I just found out this morning my father-in-law has throat cancer. This is all I know right now. I tried to look up treatment on the internet but cold find info on all other kinds of cancer but throat!

If anyone knows anything, please share it with me. What is the treatment? Is the survival rate good? He is 75 years old and quite weak now from not eating well the last few weeks. Any advice is appreciated or if you know any good throat cancer web sites you could share!

Old 01-26-2003, 02:57 PM   #2
(male)

BobE HB User
Emmy2, Surgery and/or radiation are the common treatments.

I had the oper & radiation in early 1999. It was much more advanced than CAT scan, Xrays, etc had shown. I'm now 59 and did much better than any of the drs thought. And thou I'd talked a lot all of my life I was very surprised that I really don't miss my voice much at all. With the buzzer that I hold at the bottom of my throat I can talk very well. Only real problem is running out of hands, like holding the phone and the Romet (buzzer) makes taking notes difficult! BobE

[BobE, please read and follow the board posting guidelines.]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 01-26-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2003, 07:34 AM   #3
(male)

BobE HB User
Well Emmy2, I'd posted a site where I'd found a lot of good info, found things I wish I'd known earlier. I'm NOT a member of that site. Sad to say it was removed from my message: [This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 01-26-2003).] Sorry, BobE

Closed Thread