It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2002, 02:18 AM   #1

david_2 HB User
Exclamation smoking

I'm 19 and I am a smoker. I've been smoking for about 4 years now. When I first started I thought it was the cool thing to do. But now at age 19 I don't like to do it any more. But I can't find the strenth to stop. Will I die soon if I don't stop smoking

Old 12-26-2002, 06:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Smoking has been known to shorten one's life. Smoking in combination with obesity and excessive drinking of alcohol, is even worse.

Most likely at your young age, you won't die of smoking any time "soon". But statistically, you are a lot worse off.

Those tobacco companies have you and a lot of people "hooked" on these cigarettes. It's not really fair, is it? Once you start, it's extremely difficult to quit.

Maybe realizing that they are not only forcing you to do something you don't want to do, but are also making a profit ($$$,$$$,$$$,$$$) at it, will motivate you to quit. By smoking you are giving them revenues, worsening your health, and depriving yourself of money that could be better spent some where else.

Smoking not only leads to cancer in a lot of cases, but is also horrible for the teeth. You probably have nice teeth. A few years later, you might be looking at dentures. It's kind of sad, huh? There are thirty-some or forty-some aged people with false teeth. The cost and pain is not worth it. You can read about people (a lot of young people) in the dental section that talk about this misery.

I hope you are able to quit this soon. Best of luck. We are always here to support you, and encourage you to take these positive steps....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2003, 12:29 AM   #3

opaque66 HB User
i am also 19 and ive been smoking for a little over one year,i also started cuz a friend offered me one an i thought it would be cool,now ive got sore throats alot,clogged chest,the feeling that something is caught in my throat and so on,not to mention the worry
i was wondering if you got any of these?
i hope we can both quit soon,i read somewhere that most cancers develop around age 60,but i dont trust everythigni read online,so ive poseted a few on here to ask around

Closed Thread