It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2002, 08:31 PM   #1

jnetb HB User
Question Rhabdomyosarcoma Cancer

Hi,
I'm new to this site. My 15 yr old niece was diagnosed with this aggressive pediatric cancer (Rhabdomyosarcoma). She had to have the kiwi size tumor removed from her vaginal area. She then had to have her labia and they removed the lympth nodes from both sides of her groin. The left lympth nodes came back cancerous. She will be starting Chemo on the 30th. She will have to have radiation they said too.
I am trying to find someone who has dealt with this particular cancer or who knows anything about it. Also what exactly does it mean once the cancer has spread to lympth nodes. Is it basically going to keep reappearing other places?? Also what can i expect her to go through as far as chemo & radiation goes?
thanks
jnetb

[This message has been edited by jnetb (edited 12-23-2002).]

Old 12-26-2002, 10:35 AM   #2

santaclaus HB User
see my post above. Also amonium tetrathiomolybdate prevents the growth of all cancers by chelating out copper and not allowing the blood supply to grow. God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2003, 08:20 PM   #3

jnetb HB User
Question

This is for Santaclaus,
So how do I find more information on this type of newer treatment you are referring too??
Thanks for your help.
jnetb

Old 02-16-2003, 08:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
The site below has the most up-to-date clinical medical information on this pediatric cancer. From this home page, you can look up clinical trials, PDQ [specific treatment protocols for each cancer type, statistics, etc.]:

Cancer.gov - Childhood Rhabdomyosarcoma Home Page
[url="http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/types/childrhabdomyosarcoma"]http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/types/childrhabdomyosarcoma[/url]

Good luck,
Jay

Old 02-17-2003, 01:40 PM   #5

ysone HB User
The job of the lymph nodes is to clear the body of harmful things. If there is cancer in the body, the lymph nodes will be trying to clear it out. Having cancer cells in the lymph nodes does not necessarily mean that the cancer is spreading, only that the lymph nodes were doing their job.

Closed Thread