It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2003, 02:54 PM   #1
(male)

erikn HB User
Exclamation is this a chance of being cancer?

Hi,
about 4 days ago I developed an occasional sharp (but not really that painful) ache around my belly area. It comes and goes...say every few hours, and only lasts for about 2-10 seconds. It doesn't hamper me in any way, and does not hurt when I push on my stomach. I have a bit of stiffness on both sides of my abdomen, but I hope that part is just worry (feel free to tell me what you think it is). Anyways, I feel completely normal other than that. I have been doing a lot of hard physical labor a week or two before this, but I just don't seem to think that's what it is. I tend to worry about these sorts of things, so please suggest if it's just stress, or something wrong.

thanks a bunch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2003, 03:27 PM   #2

ysone HB User
I think you are worrying too much. It's probably due to the muscle strain. Give your body some time to recouperate and it will probably get better. If the pain persists or gets worse, go to your doctor and get checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #3
(male)

erikn HB User
thanks for the response. I certainly hope that all it is. Does this sound in any way like stomach (gastric) cancer? Does cancer hurt when you press in the area? I suppose that I'd be in more pain than I am currently? Or is this perhaps just a beginning stage? Just like to have re-assurance. I'm only 17, so hopefully this is not the problem. It's funny though...usually most of my stomach pains go away after a few days....

[This message has been edited by erikn (edited 02-24-2003).]

Old 02-24-2003, 10:31 PM   #4

ysone HB User
I don't think it is cancer. You would have more constant pain. Please quit worrying. You will give yourself an ulcer and that will be much more painful. It would be very unlikely to be cancer, especially at your age. Please don't obscess over this. Good Luck.

Old 03-08-2003, 08:43 PM   #5

Lisasv1 HB User
I'm wondering if it could be a hernia. My mother got one near her stomach area years ago from lifting heavy bails of hay.
She had it fixed with surgery.

Closed Thread