It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2003, 07:35 PM   #1

LimpBizketgurl-KS72 HB User
Unhappy My Best Friend is dead

Hello,
i have recently poasted about my best friend Brittany having cancer. today i found out that she has had it for a couple of years. well today she wasnt in school today, and i thought she wanted to sleep in b/c we had a delay for school today. about 30mins after i got home i got a phone call from her mom. she said that they were in the hospitial. so i rushed over as fast as i could. when i got into her hospitial room her whole family was there i rushed by her side, and grabbed for her hand. i wasnt even there for 20mins and she died right infront of me holding my hand. she is gone. gone forever. i just wanted to thank everyone that has given me advice. i will be gone forever and i will watch you from above. i am dieing very slowly now. good bye. good bye forever...
~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Karen,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Brittany. I know that right now the world must seem like a horrible place to be, but please know that this is a normal feeling right after losing someone.

If you are having a really hard time dealing with her loss, may I kindly suggest that you contact a hospice organization and see if you can join a grief support group? I'm sure there must be a hospice organization on the Cape. When my Mom died, the local hospice (in Norwood) was very helpful. I went to a grief support group for about two months (once a week), until I felt like I could handle it on my own.

Losing a person you care for is hard at any age, but it must be especially difficult at your age, and losing someone who should have been with you for many years to come. My heart goes out to you.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 01:51 PM   #3

fadeawhile HB User
Dear Karen,
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. My heart goes out to you and her family. Please remember that she still lives on in you and the people she touched in her short time here on earth. She will never be forgotten, as long as you keep her memory alive. Please do try to find a grief support group near you. I think it will help you. Dont give up, I dont think she would want that, do you?
Best Wishes and God Bless,
Fade

Old 04-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #4

gurlegurl3381 HB User
Unhappy

karen-
I am sorry about your loss. I have read some of your other entries and I wish I could help. If you need anything please let me know. I am alwayz here.

~Latesha

Closed Thread