It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2003, 07:36 AM   #1

brdof3 HB User
Post Son has lump

Hi everyone. I'm new here and thought maybe someone could help me. My 13 y/o son has had a lump on his head near his temple for about a year. It feels like when you get a shot and the hard lump that developes under it. He has not hurt his head or anything, but when you touch it he says it hurts, like a sharp stabbing pain. I took him to the doctors and she said she has no idea what it is, so we have an appointment on May 30th for a surgeon to look at it. It is under the skin and he has been getting a lot of headaches, but the doctor said the headaches could be from him hitting puberty. He says that it really hasn't gotten any bigger since he discovered it. So, my question is.....does anyone have any idea what this could be and do you think it could be cancer? I'm so worried and I have a whole month before we even get in to see the surgeon. Thanks for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2003, 07:07 PM   #2

brdof3 HB User
I cannot believe that not one person has any idea what this could be. I'm worrying like crazy and nobody can help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2003, 12:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Hi- This doesn't sound like cancer. If it has remained UNCHANGED for a whole year, that's a very good sign that it is something benign....
I'm so frustrated for you that you have to wait another 3 weeks to see the surgeon, but if your GP was really concerned, he presumably would not have you wait. So try not to worry too much, although I know this is easier said than done.
A good rule of thumb to remember is that serious illness usually does NOT remain the same and unchanged for a year!
Let us know how things go with the surgeon.

zuzu xxx

Old 05-04-2003, 02:50 PM   #4

brdof3 HB User
Thank you very much. That does make me feel a little better, but I still hate the thought of waiting so long to get in to see the surgeon. Thanks again.

Old 04-27-2005, 06:35 PM   #5

SummerElysiaRyan HB User
Re: Son has lump

Hi there,
I'm just trying to see what happened to your son. I have the same thing and I went to the doctor today and they don't know what it is either. Please let me know as soon as possible as I'm freaking out myself. Thank you!
Summer

Closed Thread