It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #1

LimpBizketgurl-KS72 HB User
Post my best friend is dieing

my bestfriend has cancer. her name is brittany she told met he other day she only has 1 more year to live. i dont know what to do. i love her like a sister. i dont want her to go. i told her if she died so would i. then she started to cry, and then told me not to ever think about killing myself. well when our other best friend found our that she has cancer. she shot herself. i dont know what to do without her. for right now i have brittany but i wont for long. i will miss her terribly. i dont know what to do. i still cant get over my bestfriend who killed herself, but now i know i wont be able to handle brittany's death. please help me....i dont know what to do...oh and i HATE social workers!!!!!
~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #2

HoosierBj HB User
One of the hardest things that anyone ever has to accept in their lifetime is that Death is a part of Life. It's hard to realize that none of us get to live on forever just as we are.
Leaves turn brown & fall off the tree, stars explode into supernova's and then into black holes. People are born and their bodies do die.
What you will ALWAYS have is your friendship with your friends, the love, the jokes, the shared secrets - those things will always be there. Something else you will also have is an increased sensitivity & understanding of how a young person feels when someone they love dies.

Because of the pain you feel now, you may end up being able to make a real difference in another person's life who has lost someone they love and is feeling what you are feeling right now.

You will never forget your friend - but with enough time you can wrap the pain up in the days as they go by and then the weeks and the years, until (believe it or not)the Memories of your friend are way stronger than the pain you feel.

I'm not sure this will help, and I'm sorry to hear that your social worker is probably 72 and couldn't possibly understand (right?!) but if you get this please do write back here and let us know how you're doing.

Bj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2003, 04:55 PM   #3

LimpBizketgurl-KS72 HB User
Bj,
thank you for you for your help. you are right.though i am not ready to let her go, i know i have to but i lost another friend b/c of brittany and when brittany dies i dont know how i am ganna deal with it. My other best friend Paige killed herself when she found out, and i dont know how to react. please help....
thanx

~karen

Old 04-07-2003, 09:34 AM   #4

fadeawhile HB User
My cousin was givin 9 months..That was 2 yrs and 3 months ago. Hes in remission now! He went thru alot tho radiation,cobalt,etc. the list goes on. Dont give up hope. IF your freind does succumb to her illness, I Dont think that she would want u to end your precious life. (Life is what she is struggling & fighting for.) Do you? Try to show her how much she means to u now while u can. You'll always have her in your heart. You never know u may help someone else, get thru something like this, and in a way , it will be your friend living and working thru u. She will always be with you no matter what.
Best Wishes to you and your friend,
God Bless,
Fade

Old 05-05-2003, 05:03 PM   #5

Quinn65 HB User
Unhappy

Dear LimpBizketgurl,
You know what? You are very special....I know what you are going through. It was September 11, 2001 when my very beloved dad, who I called my best friend, was diagnosed with liver and lung cancer. I did not know how devestating this was, as my mom died of leukemia in 1993 and now I was going to lose my beloved dad

Life sucks in ways that we never understand. My dad's health began to deteriorate as the chemo and the losing fight will to live eventually took him away from us...I miss him like crazy and when my finacee and I went to see his grave about two months later, I just lost it... but you know? You will learn to move on...you will have memories and pictures to look at. Hey! Brittany is still here....you know what? Spend all you can with her and love her...

------------------
Quinn

Old 05-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #6

zgurl2006 HB User
My mom lost her brother (my uncle) to cancer. Dont' panic, be their for her. Let her no that you are going to be their for her no matter what. Don't kill yourself, she wouldn't want you to do that. You are a very concernec friend, and I know soem one who died of cancer, and all i could do was keep his spirits up, and it helped, keep her mind off of the disease, concentrate on having fun, and living life to the fullest. No one can stop what is going to happen, but if you are happy everyday, and always try to make the best of things, than you are going to have a life that is worth living for.
Hope this helped, i'll pray for your friend
God Bless
Jamie

Closed Thread