It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #1

Roni52 HB User
Post Lymphoma

My husband recently died from a Proliferating T-cell Lymphoma however diagnosis was not made until autopsy. He had been sick off and on with fevers, rashes, fatigue, weight loss, abnormal liver tests, enlarged spleen and 2 lymph node biopsies-one in the groin and another on his esophagus, both which came back neg. for lymphoma. Years past and doctors never did diagnose him from these symptoms. Is it common for this type of Lymphoma to be undiagnosed until death?
Searching for answers!

Old 05-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #2

lisaa HB User
Wow I am so sorry to hear that. I do believe things like this for drs are hard to diagnose. When you actually have a lump or nodule its only usually then that you get their attention. And sometimes even then you get the watch and see approach. I am constantly reminding myself that that is why they call it "a practice" drs. practice medicine! When we know somethings wrong we have to be persistant and insist they find whats going on. I am doing that now. Did your husband ever have an CT scan or MRI, etc.? Again I am so sorry that your husband was undiagnosed and he paid the ultimate price. I do hope that your husbands story will urge others to not take the "I don't think there's anything to worry about" when you know somethings not right. I don't know anything about lymphomas as to if this is common. Did you also post on the lymphomas board? Take care and hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
Roni- ((Hugs to you))

First off I want to say how sorry I am for your loss. I have some undiagnosed condition the doctors don't seem to be worried about much..neurological problems. I feel I'm a sitting duck just waiting for something to appear that's very horrible. I think many people are walking around with serious things going on and the doctors haven't a clue, until death, so so sad.

I've been to 2 doctors for my "problem" and basically I don't have money tree I can go pick from. I'm stuck.
So I sit here and "wait and see".

Renee http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

[This message has been edited by reneeintx (edited 05-13-2003).]

Closed Thread