It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2003, 12:15 PM   #1

hots4dalejr8 HB User
Post head and neck cancer with ear numbness

My husband has cancer of the lymph nodes in his neck. He is having numbness in his ear and face on that side where the cancer is. He is going thru chemo carbo/taxol. Was wondering is any one else might have the same type of cancer that he does.

------------------

Old 05-29-2003, 04:34 AM   #2
(female)

catsblueeyes1 HB User
HI,
WHERE IS YOUR HUSBANDS PRIMARY CANCER? MY HUSBAND HAD HEAD AND NECK CANCER THAT HAD SPREAD TO TWO LYMPH NODES 6 MONTHS AGO. HIS PRIMARY WAS AT THE BASE OF HIS TONGUE. HE HAS FINALLY COMPLETED TREATMENT AND ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. I REMEMBER HE DID EXPERIENCE SOME NUMBNESS BUT IT DID NOT REMAIN. IT WAS AFTER THE SURGERY FOR REMOVAL OF THE SEVERAL CHAIN OF LYMPH NODES ON HIS RIGHT SIDE OF THE NECK. I DON'T THINK IT IS UNCOMMON AFTER SURGERY OR ANY KIND OF TRAUMA TO EXPERIENCE NUMBNESS. I WOULD TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IT. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS AND HOPE THAT
YOUR HUSBANDS TREATMENT WILL BE COMPLETED SOON.
DEBBIE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2003, 11:47 PM   #3

hots4dalejr8 HB User
Hi. His primary was unknown. The cancer he had was base of tongue and lymph nodes. Possibly either of those are the primary. doc didn't really know. He got maxed out on radiation last summer so all he can get now is chemo (carbo/taxol) the tumor in his neck lymph node has doubled in size in the last 3 weeks. So we know that the chemo isn't affecting that. However the tumors in both lungs didn't show any growth on the cat scan done in March. We just had another one done 2 weeks ago and are waiting for the results for that. He has alot of pain in the tumor on his neck with the numbness I was speaking of. His tumors in both locations are non operable. The chemo will only prolong his life. Please pray for him and our family and we will do the same for you. Thanks

------------------

Old 06-02-2003, 03:54 AM   #4

samsgram HB User
I will add both of your families to my prayers.

My husband has tongue cancer. We had surgery in Feb. removed large part of tongue and all of his lymph nodes on the right, it had gone to three of them. He had radiation from Mar. 13 to May 1. On May 2 a check-up with his surgeon led to biopsy on his tongue and the floor of his mouth and the need for more surgery. After CATs PET and an appointment with the Reconstuction/plastic surgeon. We meet again with the primary surgeon to set up the surgery but a suspicious bump on the outside of his neck prompted more biopsies. The results were positive for cancer and the prognosis is not good. Surgery is not a viable option at this time and we will start chemo to try and slow down the progression of the cancer and hope for 6 months to a year.

Old 06-02-2003, 09:07 AM   #5

hots4dalejr8 HB User
Hi. I really appreciate your response to my post. I will add you to my prayer list also. We hope to have a year with chemo. we will get the results of the cat scan today. Please keep me posted on your husband also. God Bless you both.

------------------

Closed Thread