It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2003, 05:10 PM   #1

Mikej2000 HB User
Unhappy Worried about cancer

Hi. I recently went to my doctor because I am having alot of heartburn and wierd pains in my upper abdomen. I do have a reflux problem, but my dr. wanted me to have x-rays done since someone in my family died of stomach cancer.

When I was having the x-rays this morning I just happened to look up at the monitor when we were done and I saw what looked like some kind of a growth or spot or something in my stomach, which was about the size of a fingernail, since the guy taking the x-rays put his finger next to it for scale. When I asked the x-ray tech what it was she said she wasn't qualified to say, I would have to wait up to 4 days for the report.

I am really stressed out over this, I don't know what they found but I am really worried, I almost don't even want to know the results since I have heard that stomach cancer does not have a high survival rate. If anyone has any advice for me or has been through this before I would appreciate it.

Old 07-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Mike,
There's absolutely no way for anyone to tell what this is from a description over the internet, but it could be as simple as a small ulcer. So try not to worry too much until you hear from the doctor. (I know...easy to say, hard to do).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2003, 08:51 PM   #3

Mikej2000 HB User
You are right, I have been trying to relax and not get upset about it, but it has been difficult. I keep telling myself that I probably have an ulcer since stomach cancer is so rare, but I guess since it has been in my family I keep thinking the worse.

I will say one thing, I have been reading alot of the posts on this site today. I feel so bad for everyone on here who is having to deal with cancer, I just don't even know what to say. I am also glad to see some posts with stories of hope on here too....

Closed Thread