It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2003, 11:53 PM   #1
(female)

VolleyballQ6 HB User
Post Lymph node of right side of neck

Hi, I'm new here and I don't think what I have is very serious I just want some advice on what I could have. I'm 15 years old and I have an enlarged lymph node on the right side of my neck. I have an appointment with an ENT Wednesday, I'll update then, my symptoms I've been having are: a really stiff neck where it feels like I can barely turn it to the right, it feels like I'm being strangled my throat feels really tight- only sometimes though not all the time- and the right side of my neck sometimes throbs like it's a headache except on the right side of my neck. My doctor thinks it may be lymphadenopathy-sp?- I think it may just be a Cricopharyngeal spasm since my sypmtoms are like those but I don't know, It's kind of hard for my to swallow because I have a lot of saliva in my throat, but food goes down easily, and when my neck feels tight, something cold- like a milkshake makes it feel better. Does that sound like it could be serious? has anybody had those symptoms before?? Well I'll update tomorrow! thank you so much! God Bless
cari

[This message has been edited by VolleyballQ6 (edited 07-01-2003).]

Old 07-01-2003, 07:20 AM   #2

Rrricola HB User
My best advice is to wait and see what your ENT says. It could be many things and having it checked out by a professional that can look at you and feel your neck, possibly take xrays or scans, if needed, would be better than us trying to guess at what may be wrong.
GOOD LUCK at your appointment and please update us!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #3
(female)

VolleyballQ6 HB User
Smile

Hey, I went to the ENT today and he said he doesn't think it's anything serious, it may have something to do with my tonsil and I may have them taken out this summer, He said that if the lymph node doesn't get smaller or it gets bigger in 3 months, then he may biopsy it, but he thinks my tonsils are inflamed and that's whats causing the lypmh node, if your tonsils are inflamed and you get a tonsillectomy
will it be easier to get ifections or the same? - hopefully it will go down! Thanks for your post Rrricola! and hopefully everything will turn out ok! and I heard that radiation to help acne can increase your chance of getting thyroid cancer when you get older, is that true? because I'm getting a ClearLight treatment done and it was just approved in the United States,which is radiation to help my acne.

[This message has been edited by VolleyballQ6 (edited 07-08-2003).]

[This message has been edited by VolleyballQ6 (edited 07-09-2003).]

[This message has been edited by VolleyballQ6 (edited 07-09-2003).]

Closed Thread