It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2003, 08:06 PM   #1

playme3948 HB User
Unhappy red squishy bump on upper leg, please help

hi guys, i really need to know if any of you have heard of this, i have been getting this bump its is to the right of my testicle on my higher thigh, its a red bump prob the size of a huge zit, maybe even bigger, its prob double the size of a huge zit...its REALLY squishy like it can pop but if i feel down more in my thigh i can feel that theres something hard below the bump inside a lil bigger then the pimple, its been there for a couple of weeks. my parents think its something that happens when you sweat, but now they are getting really worried, i really need some comments on what this might be

thanks you so much

Old 06-30-2003, 08:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
I think your parents are right. It sounds like either a boil or a sebaceous cyst. Neither is serious, but I would see a doctor about getting rid of it. There may be several options for treating it, including hot soaks, lancing, antibiotics, or a combination of all three.

[This message has been edited by SamQKitty (edited 06-30-2003).]

[This message has been edited by SamQKitty (edited 06-30-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2003, 08:38 PM   #3

playme3948 HB User
thank you for a fast reply! it almost feels like i can pop it but when i go to it kinda stings, should i stick a pin in it or would that be bad?

Old 07-04-2003, 05:58 AM   #4

vincentmay HB User
Hi there

I got similar thing on my thigh, does it look like a boil with a little dot in the middle. Mine has skin peeling in a circle round it and it is red and when you run your finger over you can feel the pain from it.

Vincent

Old 07-04-2003, 07:53 AM   #5

playme3948 HB User
yes that is exactly it

Old 07-06-2003, 12:18 PM   #6

vincentmay HB User
Hi playme3948

Has your spot oozed and started to bleed, mine did last night. The pain has almost gone from the Lump but the redness of my lump is nearly gone but the lump is still there looking the same as before. I am sure boils don't look like that, I don't know about a cyst as I never had one before. Even a mate at work says it is sweat I don't think mine is because I don't recall sweating at the legs while washing up.

I will see how it goes before bothering a doctor just in case it is harmless.

Vincent

Old 07-06-2003, 12:46 PM   #7

playme3948 HB User
hey mine is exactly hwo you say it is now, i dont remmember it oozing but it went down and is still red, it doesnt hurt as much either, hasnt been as hot so maybe it is from sweat

derek

Old 07-06-2003, 12:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
While this is certainly NOT an emergency, I would see a doctor about it. Whatever you do, DO NOT, repeat DO NOT attempt to lance it yourself. You could get a very serious infection from doing that.

A doctor can use sterile techniques to lance it, if that's what's needed, and he/she can prescribe an anitbiotic, if necessary. Often times, these things are basically a type of infection in a hair follicle, and an antibiotic can clear it right up.

The only home treatment I would try would be simple hot soaks (washcloth soaked in hot water), but I think you'd be better off having it looked at by a doctor.

Closed Thread