It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2003, 04:42 AM   #1
(male)

TmNMrPeanut HB User
Question Hi i have a question about a small bump on the right side of my neck im realy freaked

Its right below my right ear its small circle maybe oval. I cant tell if its squeeshy or hard kinda both...Its not painful but when i press on it it is or somewhat i should say....Ive been hearing it might be cancer im really scared i dont react well to things like this but im goin to the docter tomorrow to have it checked out any idea on what it might be? if so please reply it would help me out thank u...

Old 07-07-2003, 02:33 AM   #2
(male)

TmNMrPeanut HB User
thnx for replying :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
Hi MrPeanut

I'm sorry nobody answered your question. By now you're probably back from the doc. What was your diagnosis?

I've had two lymph nodes pop up on me before. One was because of a spider bite. That one popped up right below my ear lobe. I was so freaked out I had the ear,nose throat doc aspirate it. It wouldn't go away even with the strong antibiotics I was taking.

The other one(different time) came out a couple of inches above my collar bone. It was pea-sized. It was movable. Neither of my nodes were painful. This particular one they cut out in the office. I had it biopsied and it was fine.

I bet your news was good also.

Please don't be disappointed that nobody replied. You have to consider it was July 4th weekend.

Renee

Old 07-07-2003, 12:49 PM   #4
(male)

TmNMrPeanut HB User
thanks for the reply i havnt been able to get to the docter but thats what everyones been saying its a lymph or somthing. I hope so...What is its purpose why do u get them? just curious ill keep u posted on what happened im still trying tog et in see ya

Old 07-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
MrPeanut~

I think they sometimes appear from an infection that we can and can't see from the outside of our bodies.

The doctor told me sometimes they take 3-4 months to go down. The one by my ear wouldn't go down, so I had him aspirate it. It took all of 10 seconds to draw the fluid out. I was relieved.....

I'll be thinking about your good diagnosis tomarrow. I sense you will be a-okay.

Lymph nodes popping up can be many things..most of which are harmless. Good luck my friend.

Renee

Old 07-08-2003, 01:40 AM   #6
(male)

TmNMrPeanut HB User
thanks alot your really put me to ease with all of this thanks for the words

Old 07-08-2003, 10:55 PM   #7
Inactive

sarez72 HB User
Hi TmNMrPeanut

I've had a similar sounding lump in my neck (about 1cm wide) for years! It doesn't hurt, or anything, and doesn't appear to be changing in size, so I've just let it go, but kept an eye on it at the same time (I was too young to think along the lines of cancer etc when it first appeared).

As long as it doesn't change, I guess I'm happy enough for it to keep up residence on my neck - does anyone think this is silly of me - should I get it checked out regardless?

Good luck with your doc appt!

------------------
Don't believe everything you know

Old 07-10-2003, 10:47 PM   #8
(male)

TmNMrPeanut HB User
hey renee i found another one below my collarbone now....i just want these things to go away are these the normal spots for them?

Old 07-10-2003, 11:48 PM   #9
(male)

TmNMrPeanut HB User
im feeling around and they seem to be big i got one under my collar bone and another beaneth that id dint know about im really going to docter now cuase im starting to get a little worried now....

Old 07-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #10
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
MrPeanut~

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. I've been partying in New Orleans for the last 3 days. It was a much needed vacation from my current stinky symptoms.

Don't get yourself all in a frenzy about finding the lumps/nodes. I've had some in my groin area since I was 17 years old, besides the ones in my neck 2 years ago. The doctor didn't see too concerned over them... but I was. I'm still here...nodes and all. I'm a hypochondriac..I admit it. I too freak out. My philosophy is the sooner something is taken care of the better. Although I feel I go to the doctor more than most.

MrPeanut please go to the doctor and they will help alleviate your fears. It's better than sitting around wondering all day and night IMO Maybe they can take a sample of the tissue for you. Remember the doctor didn't want to anything to the node in my neck. It was my persistence that made him aspirate the darn thing.

Maybe you can tell him/her your concerns and they can help you with your fears, then you can relax.

Your forum friend,
Renee

BTW~I still think you are fine. Please post about the appt. you ARE going to get when you call the doctor MONDAY..tomarrow!!!

Closed Thread