It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2003, 05:49 AM   #1

Mich4 HB User
Post tongue cancer??

I have been to the ENT for over a year now, probably 7 times for a right sided sore throat. I am 33. He has done the scope through the nose 3 times, a ct scan of my neck, a neck xray and thyroid ultrasound. Everything is normal! He says maybe I have a cryptic tonsil. He has checked my tongue, but along the side of my tongue it seems a little red, I guess it does ont he other side too, maybe I'm touching it and stretching it out too much to look at it.

If it were tonsil or tongue cancer would the ENT have seen it. The last time I was there to see him was about three weeks ago. He didn't do a scope that time, but looked around in my mouth. He knows I'm worried so he keeps telling me to come back for follow up, although he says there is nothing to worry about. My pain is not as bad as it was a year ago, or even six months ago, it is just always there. It did go away for about 4 days last week, and in may I had two weeks where is it was totally gone. Would tongue or tonsil cancer go unnoticed for a full year?

Thanks for anyones help. I can't seem to ease my mind. My ENT is a good doctor with a great reputation at a teaching hospital. I was at my dentist last june when I was having alot of pain and he saw nothing that concerned him.
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread