It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #1

my_angel_sophie HB User
Post FRIENDS OF JUST SOPHIE PLEASE READ

FRIENDS OF JUSTSOPHIE
I wanted to come here sooner but I haven't had the strength. I don't know how to say this as there are no words to express my deepest gratitude to all of you who reached out to my daughter Sophie during the last days of her life. Sophie's brother Matt told me about this place a few days after Sophie left us. When I first read her words I could only lay on the floor curled into a ball weeping. I had no idea my daughter suffered so much. I knew about the physical suffering, but Sophie never talked much about how she felt about her illness and she rarely ever complained, even as a baby she never fussed much. Sophie was my sunny funny girl. You would have loved her even more in person. Her personality was infectious. It was impossible to be around her for more than five minutes without liking her. She had a huge smile and eyes that sparkled with a raise your hands to the sky and shout kind of zest for life.

I am bound to all of you on this board, bound to you in grief. I miss her so much my body aches. My heart is broken. I spend my days trying to find ways to let her go. Some days I just give in and let myself believe she is still at the hospital and I will visit her soon.

Each and every one of you is special. Special because Sophie chose you. She chose you to share herself with. To all of you who responded with such compassion or maybe just listened in silence and said a prayer for my little girl I shall forever hold you in my heart as she shall forever be held in ours.

Thank you

Kate

[This message has been edited by my_angel_sophie (edited 10-24-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User
Kate thank you so much for sharing with us I feel your grief tho we only knew sophie from the board here I feel as tho I have known her a lifetime you and your family will remiain in my prayers and may God give you the strength to carry on.

Old 10-24-2003, 12:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Dear Kate,

One time I was searching through the other forums and my browser button went to the wrong topic. I do not believe that the Lord's timing is every wrong. Once I got here, I saw Sophie's topic.. wondering if she was going to die and I that was when she was led into my heart. I watched and read and prayed to God that he watch out for her, and keep her safe. I increased the prayers when we found out that she was going in for surgery to have her spleen taken out. When I read of Sophie's passing, I burst into tears and tried to think of what to say. Your daughter has touched so many lives in here- we are all sad and grieving for the loss of sweet Sophie. I had shared Sophie with my family- I too am fighting a disease process and we are a praying family. I asked my family to please send a special prayer out to God for her. I cannot express you to enough how much my life was touched by your daugher. I want to share with you a special poem.

Just like a beautiful long-stemmed rose,
Her precious memory grows and grows,
Touching the hearts of all
of those she loved

And like the fragrance of that same rose,
Her love, so sweet, still flows and flows,
Filling our lives with a warmth
that shows she's there.

So like a forever-blooming rose,
The beauty she shared eternally glows,
For deep in our hearts
each of us knows she lives.

These words of deepest sympathy
are sent in the hope that as time goes by,
cherished memories of your dear daughter
will help bring you inner peace
and make her seem still very close to you.

Author Unknown

We are here for you, and thank you so much for finding the stregnth to come and post to all of us. You are in our hearts Kate- I pray for your family every day. My life is changed by Sophie, she is an angel sent from heaven. I send you love and prayers Kate to your family.

Love and Prayers,

Dana Renwick

Old 10-24-2003, 06:58 AM   #4

byumatt HB User
Just yesterday I happened to hit this site while doing some research and was drawn in to Sophie's posts. Sophie's ability to express herself even while in pain and show gratitude to those emailing her show what a loving, caring person she was. I never knew her but am positive I would have enjoyed being around her. Just looking at the number of people that viewed what she said shows how many she touched, in such a short period of time. I am so sorry for your loss. I have a belief that she is in a wonderful place now and you and your family someday will be joined again with Sophie.

Matt E

Old 10-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #5

my_angel_sophie HB User
Thank you for the beautiful poem AngelicBrat, I had not planned to post again. I came on here to read Sophie's thread as I do every night and I accidently ended up on someone elses thread. The thread was about a man with cancer that had lost his wife. I left a post for him. Today was Sophie's birthday she would have been 16. Happy birthday Soffe! Thanks for listening.

Kate

Old 10-26-2003, 01:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bella67 HB User
Kate,

That was such a beautiful message and I know not hard to do when you are a parent and you lose a child. I so wanted to leave a post for your daughter right before her surgery since we had been communicating since she started in this forum. Well, I tried my best to think of ideas and words to cheer her up and to my horror I was banned for a few weeks for mentioning a certain chat service. I was so upset when I read I didn't reach her in time. I even called up my sister and cried about it. I guess all I wanted to say was that no matter what happened she was NOT alone and even though we weren't physically there with her, we were certainly there with her in spirit!! I know now I don't need to type these words because I can just pray to your lil angel and she will hear my thoughts and words. I'm so very sorry for your loss Kate, and I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now, but you stay strong and keep that sweet girl close to your heart and hopefully just doing that will make it a lil less traumatic. When you lose someone you love it's hard to deal with the reality of it all. I just want you to know if you ever need to talk or want me to just listen I will be here for you.

God bless your family and your beautiul Sophie,

hugs,

Lisa

Old 10-27-2003, 07:07 AM   #7

HoosierBj HB User
Dear Kate,
When you sat down and responded to the man who had lost his wife to cancer - I hope you know that not only did you already start to give, but that Sophie was there, too - being "JustSophie".
I think of her every day, and know that there won't be a year that I don't contribute something to a Foundation for childhood leukemia in her name.

I will be bumping your daughter's thread to the top periodically - especially through Christmas. Everyone deserves to meet Sophie and that big loving heart of hers...

Old 10-27-2003, 10:20 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hi Kate,

I am glad you liked the poem. Often in grief we find ourselves reaching out. I am glad that you have come here, we are all blessed by that. And Sophie blessed us all in such wonderful ways. I bet she is having the best birthday party of all in Heaven, where she can be free and be herself. I hope that we hear from you, we are all here for you during this time. I think that it is such a good idea to keep her topic alive HoosierBj, many people can be inspired by our angel Sophie.

~Love and prayers, Dana

Old 10-27-2003, 02:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User
Okay, I am tears as I write this...I have followed Sophie's thread since the first one...many a time I went to write her a message, and I just didn't come up with what how I truly felt. Almost the same day she wrote on here, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I was so broken up about it, and was mad...mad because I was sick of people telling me it's going to be okay... that my whole life people had been telling me it will be okay. I have struggled with my health since I was 8 years old. I remember being Sophie's age and thinking I was immortal. I am now 21 and thinking I am not. I realize anyone I know and love could be gone at any second. I don't really understand why I could never write to Sophie, I really don't. Especially since I am younger, have experience with counselling, and am entertaining (!!) . I just don't know why I couldn't tell her about myself. I wanted to, and now I can't. I want her so badly to know that her memory and name will go down in history- through BJ's donations, Angelicbrat's poetry, and this eternal post that I think we will all be tied to for a very very long time. Our time with Sophie was so short, but had a great impact. Wherever she is, I hope she is filling shoes with toothpaste, gets her first hangover, and TP's someone's cloudcar...
for all the "professional sick (people)" out there, and those who (hopefully) will never be at all, I heard Sophie's cry and never answered it...I don't want to let myself down like that again. So give your time and peace and energy to those who have none, even for the day. I am sure you will go down in history too.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif blue

Old 10-30-2003, 05:39 PM   #10

shazzie HB User
Dear Kate,
I too have lost someone very close to me (my dad) and i also have my husband who has a very rare form of cancer undergoing surgery on monday 3rd nov, i understand your grief but please dont grieve for Sophie for she was special in Gods eyes and thats why he chose her to go to him so he could take away the pain she was suffering. She is FREE from all that pained her.

shazzie

Old 10-31-2003, 07:29 PM   #11

my_angel_sophie HB User
Friends of justsophie
I am being compelled to write this. Today I met a girl. Her name was Mira. Mira has multiple sclerosis(MS). She was such a lovely person. I saw so much of Sophie in her spirit. I know I felt Sophie's presence. I am sure that my meeting Mira was no accident. I am beginning to accept that Sophie is gone and there is nothing that you or I or anybody can do about that. My sweet Sophie's battle is over. Others like Mira are still battling tragic illnesses. I ask that each and everyone of you who reads this post prays for Mira. Please pray that she gets her stength back and gains some weight. Together we can make a difference. A few more requests: tomorrow when you see your neighbor stop what you are doing and say hi, be kind to each other and smile a lot. I know that is what Sophie would have wanted.

PS. Sorry about all the editing. I was in such a hurry to get all that happened today out of my head and onto this post that I forgot a few things.

Apologies

Kate
[This message has been edited by my_angel_sophie (edited 10-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by my_angel_sophie (edited 10-31-2003).]

Old 11-04-2003, 12:08 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
Post - Tears for Sophie -

I hurt...for you Sophie. You have given us happiness...smiles and laughter...saddness...heartache and tears...But most of all you have given us an unforgettable story of inspiration. Whether Sophie new it or not, her story really did touch us all. We really did care and we really did keep faith. Your life,Sophie, seem to be one that was full and pure. May you be guided to the Heavens above and may your memory live in eternity.

Tears for Sophie

Last edited by Dr_DoOoOoM; 11-04-2003 at 12:10 AM.

Old 11-06-2003, 11:00 AM   #13

FluffySockers HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_DoOoOoM
I hurt...for you Sophie. You have given us happiness...smiles and laughter...saddness...heartache and tears...But most of all you have given us an unforgettable story of inspiration. Whether Sophie new it or not, her story really did touch us all. We really did care and we really did keep faith. Your life,Sophie, seem to be one that was full and pure. May you be guided to the Heavens above and may your memory live in eternity.

Tears for Sophie
Sophie was a blessing, wasn't she... dang, i'll miss her apologies for being out of it, and such.... I missed her by a few days, when I signed up.... She was getting her Splene removed, Dang, stupid cancer, I had my mom donate some money, to any foundation for leukemia she wanted, my grandpa started chemo monday wish him luck!!!

Closed Thread