It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
(male)

TheTwo^Pigeons HB User
lump on back of head

well i was wandering if brain cancer can be detected by finding a lump on the back of the head. the skull is very thick so will the lump be able to get through the skull or is it located on it. also if i do find a lump how could i tell its not just bone but it could be a proper lump, ive recently been acting differently, a bit like a clutz and i thought this is possibly to do with a lump on my brain. i have also been tired and not felt like working, i dont know if this could be to do with only have a coupple hours sleep on the last few nights so any help would bne appreciated

Old 04-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shnswms HB User
Re: lump on back of head

I've never heard of a lump on your head being used to dx brain cancer. If it did get to that point I believe the pain from the intercranial pressure would be devastating. I noticed you didn't mention whether you had headaches or not. If not, that is a good sign. I would still go to the doctor and get it checked out for ease of mind. You might be stressing yourself out about the lump and causing sleepless nights. Also you can have cysts on your head or it may be the structure of your skull. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
(female)

Lily2005 HB User

My mother had the same thing. We figured it was a bug or spider bite that she got during the night. It eventually went away.

Old 04-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

You also have lymph glands on the back of your head. Since you have been noticing some other vague symptoms you could possibly have an infection somewhere in your body (probably in the upper part if that is the case). If the lump is also sore that would almost definately indicate some type of infection.

Nancy

Old 04-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
(male)

michaelii HB User

Is it possibly a lypoma? Are you overweight at all?

Closed Thread