It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 06:06 PM   #1

SummerElysiaRyan HB User
I have a bump on my right temple that hurts and I'm afraid it's cancer! Please help!

I'm a 25 yr. old female and I've had this lump/bump on my right temple for at least a year now. It hurts to touch sometimes but I can feel my blood pump when I touch it. I have a lot of minor headache (2-3 a week). Sometimes it shoots sharp pain on the bump. Especially if I'm in higher elevations. I went to a dermatologist today and he didn't know what it was and thought it was a tumor and hopefully is benign. He said it felt deep and attached and spongy feeling. I don't have insurance so I didn't want to get a biopsy without it so I"m waiting to get insurance to have it biopsied. Can anyone please help me because I'm worried sick that I'm going to die of cancer. I'm supposed to get married in August and this is very hard on me. Please help as soon as possible. Thank you!

Old 04-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Inactive

playdrv4me HB User
Re: I have a bump on my right temple that hurts and I'm afraid it's cancer! Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerElysiaRyan
I'm a 25 yr. old female and I've had this lump/bump on my right temple for at least a year now. It hurts to touch sometimes but I can feel my blood pump when I touch it. I have a lot of minor headache (2-3 a week). Sometimes it shoots sharp pain on the bump. Especially if I'm in higher elevations. I went to a dermatologist today and he didn't know what it was and thought it was a tumor and hopefully is benign. He said it felt deep and attached and spongy feeling. I don't have insurance so I didn't want to get a biopsy without it so I"m waiting to get insurance to have it biopsied. Can anyone please help me because I'm worried sick that I'm going to die of cancer. I'm supposed to get married in August and this is very hard on me. Please help as soon as possible. Thank you!
Well Summer,

Im not necessarily the best one to be giving advice (Im sure youve come across some of my worry threads), but first things first. I HIGHLY doubt that your bump is cancer, but even in the circumstance that it WERE cancerous, there is no reason to jump to the conclusion that you are going to die. If they can resect whatever it is, it may be possible to come out of this very well, and with treatments available today people are living longer and longer, even of Cancers once thought hopeless.

Now that being said, If it has been there along time thereis a very good likelyhood it is not cancer if it has not changed much or at all in size. The most important thing you need to do is find out how to go get it biopsied as soon as possible. If your wait for insurance is not too long I would make this a priority. If not Id visit a clinic that might let you make other arrangements.

Good luck,
Ian.

Last edited by playdrv4me; 04-27-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #3

SummerElysiaRyan HB User
Re: I have a bump on my right temple that hurts and I'm afraid it's cancer! Please help!

Hi Ian,

I really really appreciate you replying so quickly as I was going to have trouble sleeping tonight. My mom is getting me insurance tomorrow so hopefully as soon as that kicks in I will get it biopsied. I just wish someone out there has had this or know someone that did and can tell me it was just a cyst or something. It's just so scary. I know you have to be possitive but it is sooo hard for me when the worst case scenario crosses my mind. =( Anyway, thanks so much for replying to me and maybe getting me some shut eye tonight. =)

Old 04-27-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

shnswms HB User

Chances are good that it is not cancer with it being there that long with no change. Benign lumps on bodies are very common. The way you described it sounded like a cyst and I have quite a few of them.

Old 04-27-2005, 09:36 PM   #5

SummerElysiaRyan HB User

I really hope its just a cyst. I guess I'm just so worried since it's on my head. I'm afraid it's too close to my brain. And to have surgery to cut it out scares me even more. aghh Thanks for replying! I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread