It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
Inactive

PlaDrv4Me HB User
Under eye Bruising/Dark Circles final stages of Cancer?

Ive been going through a ton of symptoms over the past year as many of you know from reading my old posts, that only seem to be getting worse, but by far one of the biggest and most concerning is the dark puffy almost bruise-like circles under my eyes, not to mention it seems like my eyes are probably more sunken too.

So in my endless internet searches I have found people saying that in an ill person, this is a sign of the final stages of cancer and now Im worried again. I recently had a mildly positive ANA test and was holding out more hope for something like Lupus (because I also have a Lupus like rash on my face and I set up an appointment with a Rheumatologist for next week) but cant find any connection there with the circles.

Help Appreciated...
Ian.

Last edited by PlaDrv4Me; 04-30-2005 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User
Re: Under eye Bruising/Dark Circles final stages of Cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaDrv4Me
Ive been going through a ton of symptoms over the past year as many of you know from reading my old posts, that only seem to be getting worse, but by far one of the biggest and most concerning is the dark puffy almost bruise-like circles under my eyes, not to mention it seems like my eyes are probably more sunken too.

So in my endless internet searches I have found people saying that in an ill person, this is a sign of the final stages of cancer and now Im worried again. I recently had a mildly positive ANA test and was holding out more hope for something like Lupus (because I also have a Lupus like rash on my face and I set up an appointment with a Rheumatologist for next week) but cant find any connection there with the circles.

Help Appreciated...
Ian.
Ian, I think you are most likely worrying over nothing. Many many people have the puffy dark pigmented skin under their eyes. The cause can be from many different benign reasons, heredity, stress, lack of sleep, etc.....

I would also most likely think that as far as your eyes appearing sunken is probably from the puffiness under the eye just gives your eyes the false appearance that they are sunken when in actuality they are not.

Try not to stress to much. Good Luck,
ValleyGurl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Inactive

PlaDrv4Me HB User

Thanks for the Response ValleyGurl,

Thats the unfortunate thing I forgot to mention. Whenever I look up information for the way my eyes look what I always find is people who have had them for YEARS and YEARS, but not much information for those who have developed them recently like me. I look at old pictures of myself from as close as 2003 and I do not have them at all. So something is definitely causing them, I just have no idea what it could be.

Ian.

Old 05-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Ian, Yes many people have had them for years, however, at one time all these people did not have them. For some people the onset of the puffiness and dark pigmented skin can come on gradual while others the onset is very rapid.

Have you been to the doctors and had them look at your eyes and addressed your concerns? As well as have the doctor discuss different reasons as to why this can happen?

Good Luck, ValleyGurl

Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #5
Inactive

PlaDrv4Me HB User

Yes definitely, been going to the doctor repeatedly over the past year, Ive had bloodwork that usually comes back normal, an abdominal CT scan, seen at least 4 different doctors... its just been a rollercoaster. However the dark circles developed between November of 04 and now so really only my most recent doctor has seen me since I got them.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #6
(male)

runDMC HB User

Dark circles under the eyes can be an indication of parasites. Do not worry, this is not life threatening. Go to the doctor and have yourself evaluated for parasites. Symptoms are dark circles under eyes, sleep disturbances, constipation or diahrea, and night sweats.

Closed Thread