It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
(female)

britneysmommie HB User
been told it was THROAT CANCER and it was NOT?

Long title, I know, PLEASE forgive me.....

I am driving my self CRAZY over worry......
ENT thinks DH has THROAT CANCER (told us in front of our 6 year old...UGH) . DH had a stroke 2 years ago and is doing FAIRLY well, I hate to think we have to deal w/ this, now.....

We still have to get a biopsy and WAIT for the resuts. I am on PINS.

Had a SLIGHT ear infection (per primary dr) a slight nagging cough and either a LUMP on the neck or an enlarged lymth node. Hasn't drank/smoked in 2 years ans is 45 yrs old. We also have a small child.

My question is this...has anyone been told you ahd thraot cancer and then AFTER the biopsy been told you DIDN'T??

Maybe I am grasping at straws here, but the symptoms could be something else, like LYME, MONO.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
(female)

GloryGurl HB User
Re: been told it was THROAT CANCER and it was NOT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by britneysmommie
Long title, I know, PLEASE forgive me.....

I am driving my self CRAZY over worry......
ENT thinks DH has THROAT CANCER (told us in front of our 6 year old...UGH) . DH had a stroke 2 years ago and is doing FAIRLY well, I hate to think we have to deal w/ this, now.....

We still have to get a biopsy and WAIT for the resuts. I am on PINS.

Had a SLIGHT ear infection (per primary dr) a slight nagging cough and either a LUMP on the neck or an enlarged lymth node. Hasn't drank/smoked in 2 years ans is 45 yrs old. We also have a small child.

My question is this...has anyone been told you ahd thraot cancer and then AFTER the biopsy been told you DIDN'T??

Maybe I am grasping at straws here, but the symptoms could be something else, like LYME, MONO.
Hi There, Of course, i am sure, that there have been several people out there who have been told that their signs and symptoms are most likely cancer and then it turn out to be something else, although i have no idea what the percentage rate would be or is.

I do want to tell you that even if it does turn out to be cancer, THERE IS HOPE!!!! You see my father had been repeatedly going to his family physician because his voice kept getting hoarse and was losing it altogether VERY often. His doctor kept diagnosing him with Laryngitis!!!!! Finally after quite sometime his family Doc referred him to the ENT and that is when he was diagnosed with throat cancer. He HAD BEEN a smoler for over 20 years, BUT he had quit smoking and hadnt smoked a cigarette in OVER 20 YEARS at the time he was diagnosed.
He went through several rounds of radiation treatments and it was SUCCESSFUL!!!!! He was cancer free!!!!!!!!

He remained cancer free and when he went back to his Oncologist for the BIG 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY MARK he was once again diagnosed with the throat cancer again! The second time around he had to have his voice box removed and had a tracheotomy as well as all the treatments. Once again, it was successful and he was cancer free. He had to use a speech aide to talk but over time he trained hisself to talk without it. He didnt have a "normal" voice, but talked like a whisper.

He lived many years after his last bout of cancer. He passed away a few years ago but NOT from CANCER!!!!!! He was 79 years old and had severe Parkinsons disease.

Sooooo you see, even if your husband does have throat cancer, THERE IS HOPE !!!!!!! So keep the faith! I wish you and your family lots of luck and many well wishes coming your way!

Glory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 11:22 PM   #3
(female)

DJW HB User
Re: been told it was THROAT CANCER and it was NOT?

Hmmm..
"Throat" cancer is kind of a broad term for a diagnosis... Esophagus? Larnyx?

Here's what I found for symptoms of "throat cancer" Many of these symptoms can be caused by tooth infections, ear infections, viruses,
throat infections, even nasal and sinus infections...

Signs and symptoms
An early indication of oral and throat cancer is one or more changes in the way the soft tissues of your mouth usually look or feel. Signs and symptoms may include:

A sore in your mouth that doesn't heal or increases in size
Persistent pain in your mouth
Lumps or white, red or dark patches inside your mouth
Thickening of your cheek
Difficulty chewing or swallowing or moving your tongue
Difficulty moving your jaw, or swelling or pain in your jaw
Soreness in your throat or feeling that something is caught in your throat
Pain around your teeth, or loosening of your teeth
Numbness of your tongue or elsewhere in your mouth
Changes in your voice
A lump in your neck
Bad breath
Most oral cancers arise on the lips, tongue or on the floor of the mouth. They also may occur inside your cheeks, on your gums or on the roof of your mouth.

Closed Thread