It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

mhtbg HB User
Question If a suddenly-appearing lump doesn't grow, can it still be cancer?

I discovered a hard, bony, immovable, painless lump on my sternoclavicular joint (where the medial end of the clavicle connects to the manubrium) about a month ago, and it hasn't grown at all. I've been logging its size every day since I discovered it a month ago. About a month and a half before I noticed the lump, there was a pain in the same spot, but there was no lump.

Something has caused a lump to suddenly appear there, but it's definitely not growing. It does not hurt and it does not cause any discomfort. I have no other symptoms other than the lump. An x-ray did not reveal anything, and I'm due to have a CT of it this Tuesday.

Could cancer suddenly form in the form of a bony lump within a month and a half and then just stop growing at all? I have a hard time believing that could be possible. My doctor said that sometimes some cancers go through growth spurts, but I still have a hard time believing that's what I could have.

Last edited by mhtbg; 12-09-2006 at 10:15 AM.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #2
(male)

bromley1984 HB User
Re: If a suddenly-appearing lump doesn't grow, can it still be cancer?

Hi

Have you had any luck with this lump as i have the same symptoms.

Thanks

Rob

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: If a suddenly-appearing lump doesn't grow, can it still be cancer?

I had a soft-tissue sarcoma in my leg as a teen and it grew rapidly. I have other lumps and bumps (lipomas) and I can tell that they are fine because though they appear rather suddenly, they do not change much. Maybe a little more pronounced here and there, but my cancerous tumor grew about 6 times its origional size in 6months.

Closed Thread