It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
(male)

nfbmunky HB User
Lightbulb Cancer of Hair follicles?

I have always been scepticle of doctor's diagnosis ever since my best friend's Dad was told he had pancreatic cancer and would live only for another month, which was wrong since he apparently had cancer that spread to pancreas and actually lived three more years. Any that was a lesson for life DOCTOR's are people and they can only make informed guess. Now I meeet a new friend who has been told she has hair follicle cancer. Apparently she had developed sores on her head possibly due to some trauma form various styling issues being she is a model and has appear many ways ie(hair extensions, coloring,blowdrying,etc.) These sores lead too an appointment with Physician who diagnosed the condition in question going to such drastic measures as Chemotherapy which I think might of been a bit of and overkill. Remember to ask question when dealing with medical professional and always resarch for yourself when it comes to medical desicions( the internet is a blessing for this) I guess what Im asking is? Has any heard of this cancer,is it a form of skin cancer?

Old 03-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
Re: Cancer of Hair follicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfbmunky View Post
I have always been scepticle of doctor's diagnosis ever since my best friend's Dad was told he had pancreatic cancer and would live only for another month, which was wrong since he apparently had cancer that spread to pancreas and actually lived three more years. Any that was a lesson for life DOCTOR's are people and they can only make informed guess. Now I meeet a new friend who has been told she has hair follicle cancer. Apparently she had developed sores on her head possibly due to some trauma form various styling issues being she is a model and has appear many ways ie(hair extensions, coloring,blowdrying,etc.) These sores lead too an appointment with Physician who diagnosed the condition in question going to such drastic measures as Chemotherapy which I think might of been a bit of and overkill. Remember to ask question when dealing with medical professional and always resarch for yourself when it comes to medical desicions( the internet is a blessing for this) I guess what Im asking is? Has any heard of this cancer,is it a form of skin cancer?
Some one may get skin cancer from having head exposed to too much sun and may also get cancer from exposure to too many chemicals. The fact that it showed up in the hair follicles is just a way it presents. I am assuming that you do not mean follicular cancer because that is just a description of how the cells look under a microscope and do not necessarily describe where the cancer is. Chemo and radiation are methods of treating cancer. The doctors prescribe the treatment that is least harmful for the most amount of cure. Doctors do not determine when people will die, people who are sick do. Some have a greater will to live than others and others are just too sick to hang on any longer. Nothing is absolute.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
(male)

nfbmunky HB User

Thank you for answering so quickly I believe it is being diagnosised as cancer of the hair follicles which is what my confusion is about. Im going to try and go with her to next appointment and clarify. As for your comment about will to live I have know and have seen that concept in my life. As far as ways to go cancer is the best. Meaning ive seen people who were terminal and they are normally able to hold on and make peace with and say goodbye to alll loved ones then pass on to a far better place. I like to give the explanation to anyone who doesn't believe in souls which our bodies house, just look at a deceased body it is useless and empty. It has done it job

Old 03-05-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

"Doctors do not determine who will die, people who are sick do??"

With all the best will in the world many many people are unable to beat illnesses. People can be brave and strong and have the will to live, but if an illness is going to take them then it will. They do not decide to die!

Of course there are exceptions to every rule but to think that having the will to live will get you through any illness is ridiculous.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
(male)

nfbmunky HB User
Lightbulb Re: Cancer of Hair follicles?

I don't know why I felt so much in your post malibu and I sense you have dealt with or are dealing with this issue personal level. As for death it is an enevitability that we establish at birth and though I won't know until I'm there,as I see it the afterlife is a much more peaceful exsistence
As I am recently bombarded with the cliche' because I just turned 30 yo "Your not getting any younger" I reply " But, I know how it is going to end"
For my own curiosity are u a doctor?

Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

No I am not a doctor and I don't really see the relevance in you saying that death is inevitable. That goes without saying.

From the way I read your post, it sounded to me like you were saying that when a person is ill it is basically up to them whether they live or die, which is of course is not true. I was only picking up on this comment. nothing else.

I apologise if this is not what you meant, I think it is clear we are on different wave lengths and are taking things from a completely different angle.

Closed Thread