It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

LtFrost HB User
My throat has been feeling weird..someone told me it might be cancer

About 2-3 weeks ago, I got sick. Like, I had a sore throat, a fever, and just typical flu systems. I didn't see a doctor though, just took a whole bunch of garlic. Eventually I got better...but I still had a weird feeling throat.

I noticed that every once in a while, if I haven't swallowed in a while, I swallow and the right side of my throat like, hurts a bit. It feels as if someone pokes it with a stick. Its only that initial swallow though, after that it doesn't hurt. But its been like this for weeks now, I thought it'd go away.

Also sometimes randomly if I like, breathe the wrong way or something, it stings out of nowhere, as if again someone just poked it with a stick or something, except I hadn't swallowed.

Another thing I noticed is that I lost my ability to make my voice get high pitched. I used to be able to reach really high notes and make sounds and beats with my voice and make peopel go "*** how'd you do that" But ever since I got sick, if I try to do that, my voice like goes away, kinda like when you scream out loud a lot and you lose your voice. Like that, except just when I try to do my usual high pitched noises or voices.
I still talk normally and I feel no lumps on my neck, and nothings bleeding (although my mucus did bleed when I would blow my nose while I was sick sometimes) and other than the little weird feeling in my throat, I feel fine.

I don't smoke or drink or anything.

My mom said its nothing but she'll still take me to the doctor, but other people have told me that this might be early stages of cancer.

So before I go to the doctor can I maybe get some responses to see if you think this is early cancer or something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
(female)

kristiina HB User
Re: My throat has been feeling weird..someone told me it might be cancer

Hi there, My story is exactly the same except my sore throat has been with me for about 10 weeks now. I have been to see my doc several times and each time been given antibiotics, acid reflux medication and the symptoms have got worse. Now I'm finally been sent to an ENT but might have to wait for 6 weeks on the British health system. My advise is, please book an appointment with ENT. Good luck!

Kristiina

Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
(male)

LtFrost HB User

Thanks, although its not a sore throat persay. Its just a random pain that happens sometimes. I haven't felt the little pain since yesterday, but sometiems it jsut randomly pops up. I mean other than that I feel great. I can swallow and talk normally..except for the weird high pitched noises i used to be able to make.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
(male)

LtFrost HB User

Oh and also, whenever I laugh semi hard, I feel that feeling in my throat.

Edit: I just got my appointment set. April 10th -_- I have to wait more than a freaking month

Last edited by LtFrost; 03-06-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
(female)

kristiina HB User

That's good. I haven't got any news about my appointment yet. My throat wasn't sore to begin with either. It just felt weird. It has been painful for about two weeks now with the pain concentrating on the left hand side. I've stopped taking the damn acid reflux medication as it wasn't helping and yesterday I got lower back pain which hasn't gone away. I hope it's not kidney infection as I am too tired to run back to the doctors again.Good luck with your appointment.

Kristiina

Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
(male)

LtFrost HB User

So do you have cancer or you don't know yet?

Closed Thread