It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

StrongBow103 HB User
side pain

Hi,
Have had a pain in my left side for months. It started off by the lower rib but is now sort of spreading upwards and round towards my higher back.
I`ve been on painkillers for about two years due to toothache, backache and other ailments. Painkillers hide the pain, but could also hide other problems.

I think my body is falling apart. I`m limping around at the moment with gout on my ankle, my left arm in a sling because of bursitis/tennis elbow and constant ringing in my ears.
Oh, and by the way, no one got me an Easter egg yesterday. Other than that, I`m fine..

p.s. I`m having stabbing pains in my chest.

pip! pip! have a nice day.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: side pain

Happy Easter! Wish I had an egg for you, but I ate them all (yum) The pain in your ribs and the stabbing pain in the chest, are they associated, do you think they are part of the same thing? If so, with all your other stuff, it sounds like it is more of the same, a condition called costal chondritis. This is an inflammation of the rib cartilege. You need to get a referral to a rheumatology clinic, sounds as if inflammation has taken over your whole body. Hope you are better soon. PS We were just at the shops and all the easter eggs are 50% off. Nick out and grab yourself one! Cheers, Sera

Last edited by Seraph; 04-10-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

StrongBow103 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph48 View Post
Happy Easter! Wish I had an egg for you, but I ate them all (yum) The pain in your ribs and the stabbing pain in the chest, are they associated, do you think they are part of the same thing? If so, with all your other stuff, it sounds like it is more of the same, a condition called costal chondritis. This is an inflammation of the rib cartilege. You need to get a referral to a rheumatology clinic, sounds as if inflammation has taken over your whole body. Hope you are better soon. PS We were just at the shops and all the easter eggs are 50% off. Nick out and grab yourself one! Cheers, Sera
Hi Seraph,
If I had it my way, I`d buy all my eggs a day after Easter, when they are cheaper. But my other half won`t agree. I think I`ll go and have a mooch round the kids eggs now, see what I can scavenge..
I`m gonna look up costal chondritis now.
Thanks.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

StrongBow103 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph48 View Post
Hi Seraph,
I just had a bit of a coughing fit, and it felt like a load of grissle spurting from between my ribs, painfull as well!
I`ll be popping down A and E when kids go back to school.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User

Ask your doctor to check you for a peptic ulcer. Pain killers even the morphine based ones will cause stomach ulcers but the painkiller will blunt the full pain of it.

Closed Thread