It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
(male)

allen93 HB User
Could I have Cancer???

I honestly dont know what to do anymore. I am so tired of worrying over my health...I am fourteen years old will be fourteen and a half in august. I have no. not one trace of any type of cancer in my family. no health issues. i've always been healthy only the docter a few times a year. im just a little bit overweight. I've been through alot in the past 6 months...In january i started getting headaches all day long. and my family said its most probrably from not wearing my glasses for such a long time its probrably catching up to me. so we got contacts. and my headaches went away, execpt i was so stressed because honestly.( i though my headaches were from brain cancer and i was going to die..) i know it sounds so morbid. But where does it end? I got a blood test and he said, you have PERFECT blood count every vitamin T-cell. everything was tip top perfect. and he said. people would kill for you blood results. and than for that week afterwards. i was completely happy and worry free. till i got a stomach virus and had a panic attack and i thought it was some sorta stomach cancer. i really honestly know how ridiculous all this sounds. but i was blaming all my illnesses to cancer. because to be honest i have a huge. fear of death. i dont want to die now.. thats pretty much it. and the next four months i went in an out of little things. but it all went away. i had a sore rib for three weeks and got a chest x-ray and they didnt find anything. well now. it was coming upon the end of may. and i was eating a ton of food. just enjoying life and being with family and friends. and just eating all the foods that screwed up my diet. i had daily heartburn. fullness. and bloating. and now. the beginning of june. i am constipated. only go to the bathroom like once every day. i feel like i need to go after i went. like if there is more to come out. its weird. my stools are normal lenght and size. but they are flat. only about a half an inch height. or from what i can tell with my eyes. and the abdominal pain i get is on the left side of my body. where the transverse colon would be i guess? and it just gets old. im tired of feeling ucky. i just want to be normal again. like every other kid and stop thinking im going to take a dirt nap because of some random terminal illness. and cuz of my stupidity in nature. i thought i had colon cancer. and i looked it up in the national cancer institute. and the chances of a child getting colorectal cancer is 1 in a million people under the age of twenty. per year!
now obvoisly i dont know how many people are under twenty in america. but i can guess its 1/3 of our populatoin. and thats like 100 people with those odds. and all those kids have the adenomous polyp syndrome or whatever. so if i went to the docter he would think im stupid. i've been to the doctor for alot of ridiculous stuff in the past 6 months. and if i go back they'll think im coo coo.

but one thing.
whats really really bothering me...
is for the past two days.
i havent got hungry. AT ALL
its the weirdest thing though.
its not like i lost my appetite
cuz i havent.
i can eat a HUGE meal. and barely feel full.
but i dont fell hungry.
even before or after.
so its like as if im eating, cuz i have to to live.
im not hungry at all.
i have no fatigue.
its just soooooo weird and its scaring me.
my dad just thinks its cuz im sooo backed up my body doesnt want me to put in any more than it can handle..
but i dont know.
could it be irritable bowel syndrome?
cuz i have random diarheaaha like twice a month.
or mushy stools.
i just pray its nothing unusual
help me pleaseeee!.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
(female)

marnb77 HB User
Re: Could I have Cancer???

allen93-
you sound rather healthy to me! You are way too young to be worrying about stuff like this. You are right! You need to go out and enjoy your life! I know it's hard when you think there is always something wrong with you, but I think you just have a lot of anxiety. Is there someone you can talk to about your fears of dying? I have severe health anxiety and i talk to someone about it. Talk to your parents and see what they think. Take care and let me know how things go.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Try not to worry so much, I know that's hard. Your at an age where your body is going thorugh many changes as your growing up. My son tends to worry a lot as well about his health. He is 12-1/2. Our bodies go through many things as we grow and even when we arn't growing anymore we go through many things. Constipation can be caused by many things including stress so try not to stress over it. I was very constipated as a child and even well into my 20's. And it is very normal to not have an appitite or feel hungry when you are constipated. Try eating things that will help that. Prunes are good though they arn't the tastiest things. Also things with fiber like apples are good. Anything made with white flour will tend to clog you so don't eat too much of that. Take acidopholis as well, it promotes healthy flora in your intestines.
Hang in there.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User

Sweetie, I think you need to put down your computer and go out and enjoy a long and healthy life. You're way too young to be worrying about your health and looking stuff up online and trying to diagnose yourself is never a good idea for anyone.

See if your parents can take you to a therapist with whom you can discuss your fear of dying. A good anti-anxiety medication might help too.

By the way, if you're having a BM once a day and it's normal consistency and volume, you're not constipated.

I hope you get some help to settle your fears soon. You have a lot of living left to do.

Hugs,

Lisa

Last edited by Shshi; 06-20-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
(male)

luckyroger94 HB User

It sounds like you might have an anxiety issue more than you are likely to have a major health issue. No offense hear but at 14 y/o you should be too busy running around doing things & not take time to worry about this stuff. From my experience most people discount the fact of a mind-body connection. If you dwell on something or focus on it enough you will start to feel what you are thinking. It is like seeing an uncomfortable scene in a movie that makes you feel sick to your stomach - there is noting physically wrong but you feel sick. I believe you may unconsiously be doing the same thing to your body.
Try starting your day with more positive thoughts, prayer, whatever works for you.

Good Luck,
Roger

Old 01-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
(female)

Music No Lyrics HB User

I'm 14 and I've had the same problem as you. I always think that everything I get. [Like symptoms and etc] are cancer. Last year I went to the doctor a whole lot. I think they were being to think I was crazy. Maybe it is anxiety.
But you shouldn't worry so much about dying. Because if you do, you won't have time for the better things in life. :]

Old 01-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

Allen and Music, no lyrics...

As teenagers, our hormones are in a constant state of flux...it can take a few years before they kind of settle down and stabilize. During that time, your hormones can also be kind of "out of whack" so to speak, and that can dramatically affect the emotions as well as the physical aspects of the body.

For you, Allen, it does indeed sound as if you're experiencing anxiety. While it's true that you can train yourself to think in a more positive way, if your body chemistry is causing the problem, you may need some medication, even if it's just for a short term.

If you continue to experience this much anxiety, you may want to ask your parents to make an appointment with both an endocrinologist and a psychiatrist. The endocrinologist can take some specialized tests to determine if it could be a hormonal imbalance and a psychiatrist can help treat it if it's an anxiety disorder.

So, if learning positive thinking (you can get some books from the library on positive thinking, meditation, etc.) doesn't help, it may be time to take action by seeing the types of doctors I mentioned. You only go through life once, you want to do it as happily as possible!

Ruth

Closed Thread