It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
(female)

ShirleyTemple HB User
Unhappy Embarrassing problem..

Not sure if this is where i should post this but here goes..

I'm new to the message board and have a pretty embarrassing question to ask. Basically i have a lump in one of my breasts and it's been there for atleast 2 or 3 years now. It is pretty painful and round and hard. About 2 to 3 years ago i told my doctor about it and she checked it and said she didn't feel anything but i was still worried because i felt it so i wen't to a different doctor who did feel it and gave me a script for a breast ultrasound. I went for that and they couldn't find anything on the screen which i was shocked. They also wouldn't let me get a regular mammogram because i was only 19 or 20 at the time. Now i'm 21...i went back to the first female doctor that told me she didn't feel the lump and i had her check for it again it..she said she felt it this time which means it actually got bigger. She told me to go get another ultrasound. So i went for the ultrasound and i was late because the doctor's office told me the wrong building. They asked me to reschedule but i couldn't because i was moving in just a few days..all the way to the west coast. Now it's about 8 months later and i've yet to do anything about it. But here's where the embarrassing part comes in. For about six years now my breasts have been uneven. I know everyone's breasts are alittle different which is normal but this is just not normal. My breasts are so different in size i feel like a monster. My left breast is a small B and my right breast is a DD. My left breast is the one with the lump in it and i'm wondering if the lump caused the breast not to grow? All the doctor's i've talked to about it don't have any real answers for me. I'm just wondering if anyone's heard of anything like this before. I haven't been able to find anything online or anywhere else. The only pictures online that i found that look like my problem are pictures of women with poland syndrome. I've been to a plastic surgeon and he told me i don't have that. I feel like an alien. I literally have to stuff my bra, wear a fake breast, etc. I won't be caught dead in a bathing suit top. I'm always worried someone will notice.
Basically i'm just looking for answers. What should I do? Any thought on this will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
(female)

ShirleyTemple HB User
Re: Embarrassing problem..

Sorry i meant to post this under breast cancer.

Closed Thread