It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

ukyo79 HB User
how fast do sarcoma grow

how fast do sarcomas grow? i discovered a lump on my right hand near my wrist almost 2 months ago but doctors said it's not ganglion. i think it has doubled its size since I first saw it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: how fast do sarcoma grow

Hello Ukyo

I will answer your question, nit because I think you have sarcoma, but because I know how anxious we can be when we even think cancer might be a possibility. First off, let me tell you that sarcoma is rare... any sarcoma, truly. I happened to be a survivor of myxoid liposarcoma. That means a gelatous tumor that forms in soft tissue... like fat or muscle. I noticed the tumor when it began to sudeenly grow drastically... in two months, the outer part was as large as a bowling ball on my leg and there was more inside. The doctors told me that this type of cancer ( and I had to go to a specialty clinic for diagnosisi and treatment) takes a long, long time to develop and then gets aggressive, sometimes from stress, somtimes from unknown reasons. So my answer is not much of an answer, is it? Smiles.

My thoughts would be because of its location that it is, indeed, a ganglion cyst. Perhaps it just wasn't presenting enough for the doctor to recognize it as such at that time. I would suggest another doctor's visit and let him see how it has grown. You are entitled to say that whatever he thinks it is, you would like it removed and a biopsy done to calm your fears. If you do not have confidence in this doctor, simply schedule an appointment with a surgeon and tell him the same thing.

I am not sure how health care works in the Phillipines, but anywhere in the world, as patients we can speak up!

Come back and share the outcome. You will be in my thoughts.

Best wishes
reachout

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread