It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

cathiesue55 HB User
Transitional Cell Carcinoma - stage IV, regional

My 82 yr old father in law has been diagnosed with stage IV transitional cell carcinoma of an aggressive nature. His affected left kidney was removed along with much of the cancer but not all. They are watching to see what happens over the next month or two. He also has Parkinson's with Lewy Body Disease and is struggling to recover from the surgery itself. Is this considered a terminal stage of cancer? The oncologist has ruled out chemo as a treatment option due to the side effects vs benefits. Radiation was discussed as a possibility, but I find no mention of that in the literature on this type of cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Chromophobe Renal Cell Carcinoma grayfox Kidney Disorders 29 08-23-2011 07:32 PM
Grading of Squamous Cell Carcinoma Oleander53 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 7 03-27-2009 08:14 AM
Hurthle Cell Carcinoma Anyone? Ashley79 Thyroid Disorders 27 04-17-2008 05:02 PM
Squamous Cell Carcinoma-Unknown Primary-inguinal nodes DJW Cancer 35 02-10-2008 10:05 PM
Small Cell Carcinoma in Prostate Tamm501 Cancer: Prostate 2 11-13-2007 08:25 PM