It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

motther10cat HB User
worried about daughter.

i am extremely worried for my 19 month old daughter, she has had lymph nodes swelling for as far back as 6 months old, it is recently that i noticed that she had swollen lymph nodes in her neck she has been to paediatricin who said she had innocent cervical lymphadenaphty that was around a month ago. Yesturday i have now noticed that she has large swollen glands or at least thats what i think they are, they may be more lymph node but this has appeared at the front of her neck which is where the paeditrician said is the place that if seen there then he would be concerned. Along with these symptoms she has had a hoarse voice now since 2 weeks ago and like a excema rash on the side of her hip i took her to doctors for this and he said she had thrush and gave me some medication for that and some cream for her sore, he said bring her back if it didn't heal up, i treat the thrush but she has still hoarse voice and i have looked inside of mouth and on the inside of her cheeks she has like red sores which look quite raw. The sore she had on her hip did heal and go with the cream so i stopped using it now 2 days later it seems to be comming back but larger, i have appointment with doctor again next week and have contacted the paeditriacin she saw before and they will ring on monday i really hope she hasn't got anything serious i am worried sick and feel helpless, all the information i have read about signals cancer what should i do i cannot stop thinking the worst.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: worried about daughter.

what makes you think of cancer?

Old 09-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
(female)

motther10cat HB User

I don't know really things i have read like lumps in neck and hoarse voice for longer than 2weeks unexplained rash on side, i have been back to doctors and she has still got thrush in mouth, her lymph glands still swollen, the doctor says she has infection and should pass in 3 or 4 days but she still has the hoarse voice, he perscibed me some different medication for her thrush. He did ask if she had any rash on her body which she did have but i treat with some cream from the doctor from the irst time i took her it then cleared up and now past 2 days it is comming back. I feel quite frustrated and worried about her.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

One thing that may ease your mind...it is quite common to have swollen lymph nodes with infections.

I do hope they can figure out what's going on, though, and treat it properly. Poor things (both you and her)...my heart goes out to you, and I will say some prayers for your daughter.

Ruth

Old 09-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
(female)

alemap101 HB User
Unhappy Re: worried about daughter.

Hi there,
Not sure if you'll read this as your post was a while ago, hope your daughter is o.k?
I to am very worried about my 4 year old daughter. On Wednesday she had a swollen lymph node taken out of her neck, for a biopsy. Have to wait nearly 3 week's for result's!( way too long!!)
We discovered the lump on 2 August, but looking back at some picture's, it look's like it could have been there as early as the end of june. Which make's me feel bad anyway, that i didn't spot it sooner.
Looking back, my daughter does seem to have had a lot of cold's, sore throat's and ear infection's this year, but i just put them down to her being at pre-school.
Looking on the internet has made me panic so much,her lump is painless and i keep coming across the dreaded C. word, when it come's to painless lump's. is there anybody else out there experiencing this? Thanks Pam

Old 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
(female)

motther10cat HB User

Hi sorry to hear about your daughter, it must be really stressful not knowing what is happening. I have been going through hell wondering and waiting for results and all the time worring about my daughter, she still has swollen lymph glands and has a rash which comes and goes, the doctor and paedtirician i have seen say things are fine and she will have this lymphadenapthy on and off thrughout her childhood. I don't know what to think she seems well in her self so i really should stop panicking, i have read though that these lymph nodes that swell are of concern if they are bigger than 2 cm long and also if they are red and sore. My daughters lymph nodes are in her neck below her ear and she has 1 in her head and also in her groin, what scares me is that when reading the websites about lymph nodes it says if you have a lymph node swell for longer than 2 weeks than to seek medical attenition as it my be something serious. I just wonder sometimes if the paeditriacin has examined her properly and given the right diagnosis. I hope this is of some help to you and hope everything is alright with your daughter and that she gets well soon regards motther10cat

Old 09-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Try not to worry too much. My son had swollen lymph nodes in his neck due to chronic tonsillitis for a couple years. When he finally had his tonsils taken out the nodes gradually went away. He's a grown man now and doing fine

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

what was the outcome for your daughter?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
(female)

alemap101 HB User

Hi everyone, it's been a while. My daughter had a part of her lump removed for a biopsy. Glad to say nothing nasty turned up, i was worried sick thinking the worst. They then did a bloodtest to check for toxoplasmosis, which was also clear. They are doing no further test's. They did'nt find out a clear reason for the lump, just said her lymph node must of reacted abnormally to an infection she had. She had an infection in her wound a week after op. But with a.biotic's she is now fine, thankfully. Hope this help's.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #10
(female)

motther10cat HB User

Hi my daughter still has the swollen lymph nodes, doctor reackons she will have this on and off all her childhood he says that it isn't rare and is quite common in children, i still feel that this lump in her neck is not normal but i have no option but to ignore it as the doctors seem to not want to know, i must say she is now happy and full of life.

Closed Thread