It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Kidney..lung and arterial cancer..

Hello...my family has just had some really bad news ...my father-in -law was diagnosed with kidney , lung and artery cancer...it started in the kidney and has moved very fast to the other areas ..he's in alot of pain. The doctor says it's the lung cancer that will do him in and that it's inoperatable ........that just doesn't sound right to me with all the reasearch I've done in the last while ...we'd really like to know the treatment options and rates for survival.....

Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Re: Kidney..lung and arterial cancer..

Hello,

First let me say I am sorry you have to go through this journey. Prayers to your FIL.

Heres a few questions, is the diagnoses three seperate types of cancer or is it all from the kidney and has spread to the other areas. If he is in pain has he had a bone scan? Could be in the bone as well. I know thats not what you wanted to hear. However these are all common places for kidney cancer to spread.

Treatment theres choices, where 6 yrs ago there was only one option. SO thats a good thing. Has he had his kidney removed? As this is usually one of the first things they do. However it also depends on how large the tumor is and how far and bad it has spread. Please let us know more on what the docs have said so w can better respond. I hope this has helped some.

Prayers and thoughts to you all,
A Friend Lilsis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Unhappy Re: Kidney..lung lympg node and arterial cancer..

Hi, we just came home from seeing him and talking to his doctors. The news is very bad ..the cancer is in both of his lungs (a large portion of them ) , his lymp nodes , arteries and it was in his kidney too but they took it out since that was the main cause of his pain. He presently has phnemonia and has lost 70+lbs. Tehy want to start chemo but even with that they say he wont have more than a year left. I'm not really seeing the purpose of having posion put into his body only to give him a few more months , it's a very fast acting type of cancer and the doctors all say there is no hope......this has been a horrible year for my husbands family (his mom and uncle both died suddenly 6 months ago).

Old 12-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
(female)

jeanusa HB User
Re: Kidney..lung lympg node and arterial cancer..

I just want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you family..

JeanUSA

Old 11-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
(male)

michelhussey HB User
Re: Kidney..lung and arterial cancer..

The doctor says it's the lung cancer that will do him in and that it's in operational ........that just doesn't sound right to me with all the research I've done in the last while ...we'd really like to know the treatment options and rates for survival.However it also depends on how large the tumor is and how far and bad it has spread. Please let us know more on what the docs have said so w can better respond. I hope this has helped some.

Closed Thread