It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

happyholidays HB User
Lump under jawline

On the second to last week of November I was feeling around on my jawline and felt a small lump on the right side of my jaw. A week later I woke up with an earache and went to the dr. he told me that I had strep throat and for that reason was starting to get an earrache. I mentioned the lump I felt and he said that it was probably that my lymph nodes were swollen because of the infection and that it would go away once I finished my amoxicillin. I finished my medication which was for 10 days and noticed that not only was the lymph node not gone but now I feel two bumps. They are basically side by side-even feel like they are kind of joined. My next step that Friday was to visit an ENT dr. He felt under my throat and said that there was nothing to worry about but i do not think he felt the bumps that I am referring to since you have to dig into the right side of my jawline in order to feel it. I decided to stop feeling my lymph nodes for a few days and when i touched them again they seem to be bigger. I am worried because they do not hurt and move around and are easier to find when I bend my head down. My grandfather died of some sort of throat cancer when I was young and my grandmother passed of breast cancer. Any advise would be appreciated. P.S. I am 28 years old

Old 12-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Lump under jawline

Well, no one can diagnose you over the internet, but I can tell you that most people can easily feel a couple of lymph nodes under their jaw even if they're not swollen.

I suspect that what happened was that your first doctor was correct, and your lymph nodes were swollen due to the infection, which is why you first noticed them. Now they are probably back to normal. But as I said, even normal, most people can still feel those lymph nodes if they really press under there.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
(female)

happyholidays HB User

Thank you for your email. I've decided to go see the doctor again on Friday as my throat still hurts and i have ear aches every once in a while. Again thank you for taking the time to send me your opinion. I did not know that you could feel your lymph nodes even when they are swollen!

Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
(male)

DANNY BRILLO HB User

Please see a head and neck surgen and if he wants get a ct scan.i am not trying to alarm you but i had a lump like yours and it turned out to be cancer of tonsil that went to lymph node in neck.i chould have had the ear ache seen sooner but waited way to long

Closed Thread