It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
(male)

eggprata HB User
is this throat/neck cancer?

I was coughing 3 days ago and coughed up blood,not lots but a little.I freaked out and went to my doctor and he did a instant blood test and that was normal. He said at the worst it cld be cancer or TB that really scared me.I am a smoker,20 year old male.My chest xray was done in September and it was all good.

I had sore throat on last wednesday that got better by yesterday,no sore throat pain now.But on the other hand,my cough has been there for a long time which i think is due to my smoking habits.Sore throat for me is the sort where it comes and goes with medication,i got sore throat for nearly 2 months in july-september,then i had sore throat like once a month kinda thing but always went away with medication.

I was going through the symptoms of throat cancer and i found the following symptoms:

* Abnormal (high-pitched) breathing sounds
* Cough
* Coughing up blood
* Difficulty swallowing
* Hoarseness that does not resolve in 1 to 2 weeks
* Neck pain
* Sore throat that does not resolve in 1 to 2 weeks, even with antibiotics
* Swelling in the neck
* Unintentional weight loss

I do have cough,neck pain ive had for 2 weeks now but it has improved quite alot but still is present,sore throat got better in 2 days like i mentioned but it may come back after a few weeks and nothing else,in fact i've gained weight,doctor said neck pain was due muscle spasms after he physically examined my neck by pressing it,no lymph nodes,no difficulty in swallowing and no hoarseness.

Just wanna ask you guys

-how much coughing up blood is dangerous ( as in how much blood do throat cancer patients cough up ).

-if sore throat is cured but comes back after a 2-4 weeks,is it still considered a chronic sore throat?

-the coughing part,for throat cancer patients do they cough 24/7 ?

-how long does it take for throat cancer to develop? that means how long does it take between the day it has formed and symptoms to appear?

PLEASE advice me guys,i worry alot and suffer from hypchondria as well,i am really worried sick.Becuase today i coughed out abit of blood ( i have always coughed out the 'blood' in spots/dots, nth more ). When i cough there are small black threads that my doc said is nicotine but sometimes those threads are red/pink and he said red/pink may be caused by blood from coughing too hard which i hardly do,i just cough to push the phlegm out.

Im sorry for the long post but please advice me as soon as possible because im going crazy,doc thinks its nth wrong but everything there is a spot of blood i freak out.

Thanks.I really appreciate your help.thank you again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread