It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

survivingpcos HB User
Exclamation Hard Lumps In My Neck

Let me start out with saying, I know I should be going to the doctors instead of asking a message board about these lumps, but I do not have insurance at the present time. I don't want to mess around with these lumps, but I'm trying to figure out if they are something that I need to worry about or not.

In the past week I discovered that I got into some poison oak so I have poison oak all around the back left side of my neck. About two days after I discovered the poison oak around my neck I woke up one morning and noticed I had a lump (hard lump, not painful) on my neck on the left side in the front. Then the next morning I woke up to one of the right front side of my neck in about the same spot. If you follow your collar bone to about mid way and go up about 2 inches that is where these lumps are located (about where the crease is in your neck when you lower your head). They aren't around my lymph nodes which is what I was worried about at first. The first lump I discovered how now turned into two lumps. They are hard lumps, don't hurt and when you push on them your finger rolls off of them. They are under the skin and if you was to just look at my neck you wouldn't notice them at all.

I've heard some people say it's due to the poison oak probably, others say it sounds like just like a hard cyst, then I've heard cancer. If anyone has any ideas of what it could be please let me know. I haven't noticed them getting any bigger and they don't hurt unless of course you press hard on them. I sometimes get hard lumps under my arms after I shave and this is what these feel like so I figured they are just hard cysts that will eventually go away, or maybe that's what I'm hoping for

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread