It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
(male)

djv333 HB User
Fatty Lumps Are Painful

Hello,

I'm 26, recently lost my insurance. I have hereditary subdermal fatty cysts all over my body (some up to 1 1/2 inches in diameter). They've been there over a decade, never had any issues. Last week, my right leg began to hurt, with the center of pain being around different lumps on my inner thigh. At times feels like the pain radiates farther down the leg, like the lumps are pressing on a nerve.

Also have my right arm tingling at different times, especially when the leg is in pain. Are these two pains unrelated? Could there be something wrong in my back that's thrown off?

Anyone have anything like this? What did you do?

Old 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

picklepest HB User
Re: Fatty Lumps Are Painful

I too have fatty lumps all over my arms and legs ( approx 200). The biggest of mine being 3" in diameter. I had some of mine removed some years ago and the results showed harmless fatty lipoma. I experience pain around some of the lumps on my legs and on a couple on my right arm. I have not had these investigated although i keep meaning to. I think to put your mind at rest you should go along to your doctor and ask their advice and see if you need to have one or two removed for testing.I know without medical insurance it may be expensive but surely it will be worth it to know once and for all. Good luck and i hope it all turns out ok with you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
(female)

Stabevrian HB User

I have a bunch of these on my left arm and left leg. I have had 2 removed for vanity reasons, one was pretty painful too. I am sure they are just lipomas, but you might want to have one removed to check. It is a very quick process- takes about 10 minutes and no pain at all.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
(female)

Alix76 HB User

How do they remove them?
I've got 2 on my right shin and they're causing me problems because they're getting bigger and have started to ache.
Also, they look terrible.
x

Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
(female)

Stabevrian HB User

Alix- mine were removed at my Dr's office- he just numbed the area and then took them out, it took probably 5-10 mins. They stiched it up and I was on my way. Not a big deal at all.

Closed Thread