It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

emily42 HB User
Freezing cold one minute and drenched in sweat the next

Help! My 78 (almost 79) year old mother just had a CT scan done and it showed a mass near her stomach. She has been having discomfort in this area. She wants to sleep a lot and her appetite is not good. My question is does cancer cause you to be freezing cold one minute and drenched in sweat in another minute? Her temperature is normal. The sweats are really bad at night (dretching pjs and bed linens).

Thanks!
Emily

P.S. She goes for a endoscopy and biopsy Tuesday.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
(male)

fldinosaur HB User
Re: Freezing cold one minute and drenched in sweat the next

With a mass near her stomach and pain (discomfort?) in the area, almost sounds like my wife who ended up with gallbladder cancer. That and the loss of appetite and sleepiness...all sound the same as the wife had. Cold and hot sound like an infection of some sort but a regular temp is not ordinary.

I could be wrong and hopefully for your sake I am, but it sounds a lot like what my wife went through. I hope for better luck for you and your mom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User
Re: Freezing cold one minute and drenched in sweat the next

Drenching night sweats are a definate sign of lymphoma.
The fact that your mom has a mass and she is fatigued and has no appetite are obviously not good signs, though a lot of diseases or illnesses do have the same symptoms. The biopsy is sure to confirm her diagnosis, and the endoscopy will reveal anything going in in the stomach. Good luck, i hope she feels better soon.

Closed Thread