It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

lamlamlam HB User
Lymphoma or mass Pelvic Crease Inguinal Node

Hi, I would like to know for those who have been diagnosed with lymphoma or a cancerous mass what did it feel like? I have a medium sized bump/lump in the pelvic crease area. I do have an appt with the doctor but won't get in for another three weeks. What were your experiences? Did the lump hurt? Was it hard? Were there other lumps? Did it feel deep? Attached? Any info is greatly appreciated. I will update my status after I see the doc.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Lymphoma or mass Pelvic Crease Inguinal Node

Hi lamlamlam,

First of all, you obviously need to have this looked at by a doctor; so once you have your appointment, please do post back and let us know what's going on. As for the lump, cancerous lumps do tend to be very firm, unmovable, and usually don't hurt (unless they're pressing on a nerve). If the lump is soft or even slightly squishy, it may just be a swollen gland. If it turns out to be cancerous, it could be lymphoma, or it could be something called CUP, short for Cancer of Unknown Primary.

So far, the only people I've heard of with this have all had the same thing I did...CUP(meaning the original site was never found, and it definitely was NOY lymphoma). Of course, your case may be different, but all 3 people I've communicated with had the same type of circumstances, so here's a description.

First off, there is more than one type of CUP...carcinoma or adenocarcinoma. The 4of us all had carcinoma, which is a good thing, as it is much easier to cure than adenocarcinoma.

Second, for the 3 of us who actually were cured (I'm sure there are many more cases out there, but these are those I personally know of), we all had surgery, followed by chemotherapy with a combination of carboplatin and taxol, followed by radiation to the site. I'm a 9-year survivor, the other two have survived 12 years and 8 years respectively. I haven't heard from the 4th person in a while, so I don't know what's going on there.

Hopefully this will turn out to be just a swollen gland, but if it should turn out to be cancerous, please don't panic and please stay hopeful...very hopeful. Certainly the chemo was not exactly a lot of fun, but it wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be...and as I said, if it's CUP, it's definitely curable.

I'm also sorry that you have to wait for 3 weeks to have this looked at...I don't think the delay will make much of a difference in the outcome, but it means you have to worry for an extra three weeks. You may want to call the doctor's office back and push them to get you in quicker to at least see if it's a swollen gland or something that should be referred to a surgeon. Good luck, and please do keep us posted.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread