It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

BridgetB HB User
Suspicious moles

Hi I'm new to this "health board" i usually use *****.
I had recently went to the doctor to get my moles checked over because I was watching Dr. Phil and it was an episode about skin cancer and it kind of freaked me out. So i started checking myself out. I am a "moley" person. I found some moles that I found to be "suspicious" so I made an appt. that day. My doc checked me out head to toe and found one on my hand that she found to be a little suspicious bcuz its black. So now I have to have it biopsied on the 9th of Aug. Should I be worried? Also, cancer runs in my family like water. Everyone that has died, has died of cancer. My mother just had a "pre-canceruos" mole removed and my sister just had had pre-cancerous cells removed from her uterous...I'm in limbo about this whole situation bcuz doctors dont really tell u anything right away cuz they dont want to scare u, but i wanna know what im in for..Any insight???

Thanks,
Bridget

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-30-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
(female)

fireweed HB User
Re: Suspicious moles

I know it's scary - but you're doing the right thing by getting checked out and having suspicious moles biopsied or removed. Vigilance and catching it early is the key. It is tough to face, but far better than ignoring things. I get skin checks every three months and I check myself all the time between appointments. Wishing you benign biopsies and peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #3
(female)

Stabevrian HB User
Re: Suspicious moles

How long has that mole been there? I have a lot of suspicious moles and have had quite a few removed. Some have come back precancerous and others not. I go every 3 months also. I did have a basal cell last year- it was a red patch on my shoulder. Do you lay in the sun a lot or did you go tanning? That was my mistake. I used to live in tanning beds/by the pool. It is good you made an appt. Let us know how it went.

Closed Thread