It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
(male)

Graybird HB User
Please help.

I will make this as quick as possible. I'm 36, have had severe abdominal pains for over two months, with upset stomach and frequent diarrhea for over two years. Along with my severe stomach pains over the last two months I've had severe daily nausea which often results in dry heaving and infrequent vomiting. Since this has started I have lost 30lbs. I have been seeing a gastro doc and have had two colonoscopys numerous ct scans endoscopy and a pill cam test. The only test that showed anything was the pill cam. It showed inflammation and large area of ulcers or tumors in my small intestine(the ilium). All other tests showed no signs of anything. Doc has now ordered a CT Enteroclysis. I'm obviously horrified and am not getting any answers of what the Doc even thinks it could be. Would someone please give me their thoughts as I am in immense pain and completely clueless and scared. Thank you.

Last edited by Graybird; 08-27-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Need to add where the tumors were found

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB User
Re: Please help.

Hi Graybird, Please try not to think the worst! Your doctor should have told you exactly why he was ordering this test, but I suppose that doctors are so used to ordering tests like these that they don't bother to discuss them with the patient.
Sad!! The test you are having is given mainly to see what is going on in the small intestine. It can be done to rule out any disease or problem.
Years ago, I was hospitalized for diverticulitis (not at all what you have), and a barium enima with contrast was ordered. I was so worried! It did turn out that I have numerous diverticula in my colon, but the radiologist (bless her heart!) assured me right after the test that many people have lots of diverticula and get along fine. This eased my mind while I awaited my next appt. with the surgeon.
So, I would advise you to not worry. It won't help and will just cause anxiety which can't help anything. Good luck! Mabent

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread