It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
(male)

jb223 HB User
Question Do I have cause for concern?

I'm only 18, yet I'm worrying that I have stomach cancer. I've been feeling bloated for the past 2-3 weeks, and it feels like a weight has been pressed down on my belly. Occasionally, I feel a burning sensation on the left side of my abdomen, feeling sort of like a rash. However, there are no visible signs nor can I feel anything. The reason I'm concerned is that I had a very poor diet, full of fast food and soda with next to no fruits/vegetables.
I've seen 2 doctors and have had a complete blood test taken, and the results were ideal for a person my age (as in, I'm supposedly totally healthy). The physical examinations showed nothing abnormal on my body. I'm also no stranger to anxiety (which I have been feeling of late) and the odd stomach feelings that can come with it. But my feelings of bloating, discomfort, and occasional pain have persisted even when I'm relaxed and focused on other things, and after I made changes to my diet.
Do I have anything to be worried about? I really want to be checked out further, but my parents and doctor don't think it's necessary.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
(male)

OrdealByFire HB User
Re: Do I have cause for concern?

I'm FAR from a doctor, but I'm going to throw out the possibility that maybe you have some sort of food allergy you aren't aware of.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread