It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
(male)

OrdealByFire HB User
Unhappy I've self-diagnosed myself to have leukemia and/or lymphoma...

Do I have a reason to be concerned?

This could be long, but I'll try to keep it short with a bit of history.

I'm 19. "Moderately high" triglycerides and cholesterol. Mom had colon cancer. Mom and dad have diabetes (two and one respectively). I had a cousin die in 2000 of leukemia and lymphoma.

I'm a self-admitted hypochondriac. I feel something, I look for diseases I might have. But this time, I'm really scared, and I feel I have a good reason.

I have a lot of symptoms of lymphoma/leukemia that stick out in my mind. I've had a fever up and down, low-grade, for months. Its peak was maybe a month ago when it reached 100.4, I believe. I also found myself to be sweating a lot, quite easily, when exercising. I mean, it was hot outside and humid, but I didn't used to sweat like that.

Recently - within this past week or so - I feel like I've taken a turn for the worse, and my list of symptoms has grown exponentially.

1.) I noticed swollen lymph nodes first I believe. Quite large, all over my neck.
2.) Soon after, I started to have this weird sensation in the back of my neck, it really is irritating when it happens.

Then they all came out of nowhere. Loss of appetite (resulting in me losing a few pounds so far), abdominal pain all over the place, occasional hand and feet cold sweats, dry mouth (sometimes), and maybe the most worrying, petechiae. Which if you don't know are little red dots on the body. I don't have many, maybe ten, but I'm still worried. I've had some for years, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

The most recent symptom I've had is hip-bone pain when i rest on one leg with my hips forward... that tips me off that there's something seriously wrong with my body.

Anyone there for comfort. Support. Statistics. Anything...? I have a doctor appointment Tuesday...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: I've self-diagnosed myself to have leukemia and/or lymphoma...

I feel quite certain that you should not spend any time before your appointment feeling anxious, scared, worried, or searching for more symptoms. If your doctor agrees with your findings, I am sure blood work will be ordered to determine if any cancerous cells are there.

Rather than spend your time worrying, which is in itself unhealthy, have some fun.

I have several serious illnesses, and all of them were very obvious when they appeared. The best to you!

Closed Thread