It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

streetsleah HB User
Worried about swollen nodes

I noticed a swollen lump about a month or so ago above my collar bone. Supraclaivular lymph node? It wasnt really swollen just firm but moveable that I noticed it. It seems to have gotten a little larger i think it is about .5 cm firm, rubbery moveable. IThe node on the right side is palpable as well but seems a bit smaller and not quite as firm? I have been under a TON of stress, had a virus for about a week and had multiple mantoux tests done. (New Grad Nurse seeking employment). I am 29 years old, decent health, I do smoke. No personal hx of cancer, mom has hx of breast cancer, dad has lymphoma, not sure which kind. I have read and read that left supraclavicle nodes are ALWAYS malignant in nature and this is freaking me out. What is a normal size, if I had cancer that had mets to my clivical region would I have other symptoms? Any advice will help please.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
(male)

OrdealByFire HB User
Re: Worried about swollen nodes

I'm 19, and I have fears of lymphoma myself. I have swollen lymph nodes all over my neck it seems.. but ANYWAYS. In attempt to answer your question. Get it checked out. As soon as possible. This will likely scare you more than anything, but I had a cousin who had found a lump near his collarbone. Took himself to the hospital. He was found to have lymphoma, that soon turned itself into leukemia, and he died within just a couple months.

I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday for my swollen lymph nodes... from what you're saying, you don't have any other symptoms, and that COULD be a good sign. You also say you recently had a virus... lymph nodes can swell and stay swollen for months after a viral infection. And in some cases - I'm a case - they can be permanently swollen in certain areas. Most especially in the abdomen.

Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

streetsleah HB User

My goodness! How old was your cousin?

Old 09-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
(male)

OrdealByFire HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsleah View Post
My goodness! How old was your cousin?
22, but that happened back in 2000. You don't need me to tell you a lot has come along in medicine since then. I was only 9 at the time, so I wasn't exactly sure what it meant or anything.

I share your fear though! ... Maybe even more so.

Closed Thread