It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
(male)

frugaleater HB User
Natural/Alternative successes?

Iíd like to ask if anyone here has ever had cancer and has had success using natural/alternative treatments. I know people arenít normally allowed by the government to specifically say that specific natural remedies actually cure cancer since that is defined as ďpracticing medicine without a licenseĒ. But people ARE allowed to say what worked for them personally.

With so many of my friends and relatives with cancer, or had it in the past, itís only a matter of time before itís my turn, and I would not use chemotherapy, hearing what that does to people. So Iíd like to hear from those who have experience/success with alternative methods.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
(female)

seavegetables HB User
Re: Natural/Alternative successes?

Personally, I would visit a Naturopathic doctor, give them your health history and the high incidence of cancer in your genes and start a preventative regimen catered to you specifically.
Taking a lot of supplements or products, even natural ones, can be bad if taken too long, too much, not the right dosage. It is good to get help from someone trained in that area.

There are lots of books on cancer and nutrition.

Last edited by seavegetables; 10-01-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

" and I would not use chemotherapy, hearing what that does to people." I did chemotherapy and radiation treatments for 3rd stage cancer, and I am here to tell the story 9 years later, with no recurrence. Yes, it's true that the chemotherapy wasn't pleasant, but personally I would do it again without question because, to me, it's worth going through a few months of discomfort (sometimes extreme discomfort) to have all these years of additional cancer-free life. And what people don't seem to realize is that for many cancers, there ARE cures.

Certainly there are natural therapies that can be used as adjuncts (additional to the main treatment). I practiced a lot of meditation and yoga. I wouldn't rule out supplements, but I would check with my oncologist before taking them for two reasons: first, one needs to be sure that the supplement won't interfer with the action of the chemotherapy agent (either increase or decrease the effectiveness), and second, to make sure a particular substance isn't contraindicated.

It just disturbs me no end to hear people rule out chemotherapy without having ever talked to the people who've had great success with it, and there are so many of us out here.

Ruth

Old 10-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
(female)

PatC1959 HB User

I have had two lots of Bowel Cancer the last I had two growths one which adhered to the small intestine. I had surgery where it all removed but I had lympth nodes which were positive and was followed up with 10 rounds of chemo. I ended up with a clear scan pneumonia and a very tired unhappy liver. I have a very high chance of it coming back as the Oncologist has told me the seeds are still there all they can do is deal with things that appear. So after a lot of reading and looking to see what I can do to help myself I have over time become almost vegan heaps of veggies and I have got used to tofu etc or hippie food as my husband puts it. I now take Zeolite which is sold as a natural product to rid of toxins I also keep moving swimming or ride a exercise bike and work up a sweat a few times a week to keep the oxygen happening. It is now 3 years after my last operation and my Oncologist is amazed on how well I am going and says "what ever you are doing keep it up". I have also learnt how to switch off and relax. The importance of a good night sleep should never be overlooked.

Closed Thread