It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

phoebekittys HB User
Tonsil Cancer?

Hello.

Here is some background information about me. I am 23 years old and I am a non smoker and drink occasionally. I have good oral hygiene.

About a week ago I felt like something had scratched my throat. So I looked in the mirror thinking I am probably not going to able to see anything because the feeling was more in my esophagus. When I looked in the mirror I saw one tonsil significantly larger then the other. I have had no sore throat at all. I don't even feel that inital scratch in my throat anymore. When I searched online the only thing I could see was tonsil cancer. The only thing is I do not smoke or drink and this is usually what causes this.

I went to the doctor for a follow up (for a kidney stone) and at that time I had mentioned it. This was an outpatient clinic so I was not familar with this doctor. He felt my glands and said that my lymphnodes were not enlarged and I am fine as long as its not blocking my breathing. I did not trust this doctor so I went to a different one and this was a much better experience then the other one and he told me there is nothing to worry about. I said at what point should I worry? He still told me I am fine. Is it crazy that I still think something is wrong? The Doctor said my tonsil probably have always been 2 different sizes and now I can see it because they might be infected. I have never seen them that big before. I do have another appointment with this same Doctor in a month for other reasons so I am going to talk about it again to him if it hasnt gone down.

I am just wondering what other peoples opinions are about this. 2 Doctors seem to think that this is normal... but the internet is filled with cancer.... Why is it not painful AT ALL? What if the problem is in my throat? I still randomly feel that little scratch I was talking about. This is sooo weird to me. Someone give me an opinion please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
(female)

phoebekittys HB User
Re: Tonsil Cancer?

nobody can help me?

Closed Thread