It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
(male)

boroasis HB User
Really worried about Lymphoma :-(

About 5 months ago i suffered with 2 bouts of tonsillitis (at least that was what was diagnosed) within 3 weeks of each other. During this time i felt 2 large lymph nodes in my neck either side of my windpipe raised up. My doctor checked them but said this was normal due to illness and they should go down. However one of them (right side) hasn't gone down at all, although the left one seems to have gone down. It has always been painless until about a month ago when i seem to feel an ache in the right side of my neck when i swallow around the area of the lymph node. The node itself is painless when touched, it doesn't seem to move much when touched but it's the size that concerns me, it feels about an inch in diameter and is hard-ish to touch. It isn't swollen enough to be visible to anybody though. I went to my doctor again a few days ago and he said my tonsils were swollen (i have no sore throat) and that we wanted to take blood tests to see if i have/had anything like mono, he also put me on anti biotics for the tonsils. I don't feel i have felt ill enough in myself to have had mono though. I'm really worried it could be something like Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I am a 29 year old male and there is no history of the illness in the family. Any ideas? :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread