HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer/)
-   -   Problem Urinating!!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer/824739-problem-urinating.html)

swarley92 11-22-2010 09:12 PM

Problem Urinating!!!

Um first I will give some background. I am a 19 year old male who is athletic, and eats fairly healthy. I was also diagnosed with Lymphoma back when I was four, after going through over a year I was pronounced cancer free. I have had no real issues and have received routine check ups ever since.

This problem I have now started about 3 months ago. When I urinate I urinate with a fairly normal flow but when I stop I feel like I need to pee again. I usually force a little more out but I still have this feeling. It drives me crazy as sometime I feel like am dribbling but I am not. I have went to two doctors who checked for STI, UTI, and Enlarged Prostate and came back negative and they had no explaination. As a cancer survivor I am usually worried when I have a health concern and think the worse.

This is not the first time something like this occurred. Well this occurance was similar but not the same. It was about 4 years ago I woke up in the middle of the night and could not pee at all. I tried for almost an hour but was pretty much bursting so I went to the emergency room and they were going to catherize me but at one point I started peeing so I ran to the bathroom. They later diagnosed me with a thin urethra. So they widened it. I am wondering if this is occurring again.

What is wrong? Some of my symptoms are like symptoms of penile cancer or bladder cancer and I am really afraid. What can I do?????

SamQKitty 11-23-2010 10:12 PM

Re: Problem Urinating!!!

It's quite possible that your urethra needs stretching again. People who have this condition (narrow urethra) often need to have it stretched periodically.

Have you had a cystoscopy? That would be the other thing that perhaps should be done, just to rule out anything going on with the bladder. But given the fact that you were diagnosed with a narrow urethra, that is more likely to be the problem.

Ruth

pretty12d 11-28-2010 10:38 AM

Re: Problem Urinating!!!

Hi:

I tend to agree with what Ruth has suggested that "it's quite possible that your urethra needs stretching again. A cysto examination is also an excellent and timely suggestion. After my HIFU treatment in Janauary, I experienced similar symptoms to those that you described in your thread. In addition, I also experienced urinary retention. I was taught to self catherize and this aided me with both the retention plus the urine overflow. My suggestion would be to book an appointment in St. John's with a top urologist and get him/her to look at your symptoms. I know that it is a very long drive from St. Anthony's to St. John's ;however, given your history, I think that you need to be assessed by the first team. On a non related note my wife and I have been to St. Anthony and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

All the best,
Dan