It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

swarley92 HB User
Problem Urinating!!!

Um first I will give some background. I am a 19 year old male who is athletic, and eats fairly healthy. I was also diagnosed with Lymphoma back when I was four, after going through over a year I was pronounced cancer free. I have had no real issues and have received routine check ups ever since.

This problem I have now started about 3 months ago. When I urinate I urinate with a fairly normal flow but when I stop I feel like I need to pee again. I usually force a little more out but I still have this feeling. It drives me crazy as sometime I feel like am dribbling but I am not. I have went to two doctors who checked for STI, UTI, and Enlarged Prostate and came back negative and they had no explaination. As a cancer survivor I am usually worried when I have a health concern and think the worse.

This is not the first time something like this occurred. Well this occurance was similar but not the same. It was about 4 years ago I woke up in the middle of the night and could not pee at all. I tried for almost an hour but was pretty much bursting so I went to the emergency room and they were going to catherize me but at one point I started peeing so I ran to the bathroom. They later diagnosed me with a thin urethra. So they widened it. I am wondering if this is occurring again.

What is wrong? Some of my symptoms are like symptoms of penile cancer or bladder cancer and I am really afraid. What can I do?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Problem Urinating!!!

It's quite possible that your urethra needs stretching again. People who have this condition (narrow urethra) often need to have it stretched periodically.

Have you had a cystoscopy? That would be the other thing that perhaps should be done, just to rule out anything going on with the bladder. But given the fact that you were diagnosed with a narrow urethra, that is more likely to be the problem.

Ruth

Old 11-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
(male)

pretty12d HB User
Re: Problem Urinating!!!

Hi:

I tend to agree with what Ruth has suggested that "it's quite possible that your urethra needs stretching again. A cysto examination is also an excellent and timely suggestion. After my HIFU treatment in Janauary, I experienced similar symptoms to those that you described in your thread. In addition, I also experienced urinary retention. I was taught to self catherize and this aided me with both the retention plus the urine overflow. My suggestion would be to book an appointment in St. John's with a top urologist and get him/her to look at your symptoms. I know that it is a very long drive from St. Anthony's to St. John's ;however, given your history, I think that you need to be assessed by the first team. On a non related note my wife and I have been to St. Anthony and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

All the best,
Dan

Last edited by pretty12d; 11-28-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
cancer, penis, stricture, urination, uti