It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

Love1995 HB User
Post Could a lump on collar bone be Lymphoma?

I have a lump on my right clavicle n it feels like it is part of my bone. But it is much larger than my left one. It doesn't hurt and can't move. I also Have several swollen lymph nodes through out my body. The only other large one is behind my right ear n its about the same size as the collar bone lump. (size of a marble) So what could this bump on my collar bone be and should I go to the doctors for it? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
(female)

beige138 HB User
Re: Could a lump on collar bone be Lymphoma?

I was wondering if you ever found out about the lump on your clavical? I recently found one myself (on my left clavical), about half an inch away from my throat. I plan on getting it checked but i need a new dr first. I also have a large lump on the back of my wrist, about an inch around and half an inch tall my dr says it's a ganglion cyst that needs surgical removal, but i don't need surgery yet even though i've had it for 6 months. Plus, I have 3 small, pea-sized cysts on the inside of my left foot. I hope everything works out for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
(female)

fireweed HB User

If you have persistent swollen lymph nodes and a lump that worries you, I'd suggest seeing a doc. Do you have a GP? Better to get it checked and have peace of mind - it may not be cancer either. If it does need attention, then your visit to the doc will get it cared for.

Last edited by fireweed; 12-10-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
(female)

jeffsarah721 HB User

I had a very similar thing happen to me. I was feeling a little discomfort in my upper right chest and when I reached up I noticed a very large bone hard mass about 2 inches under my collar bone. I went online and started reading and in about two hours I had myself convinced that it was my lymph node that was swollen up and that it was a certain indicator of a cancer run rampant. I stayed up all night crying. I'm a mother of two and I was in a panic that I was getting ready to leave them motherless. The next day I RUSHED to the doctor and she told me that I had actually dislocated my rib and that "mass" I was feeling was my bone where it is attached to the cartilage. Then I remembered a week or so ago bending over the bathtub and feeling a pain in that area where I had been putting pressure. So apparently it is not that hard to do. The point of my story is that when I was looking things up the ONLY possible cause of this "lump" was the worst possible thing it could be. So if you find a lump like this, go to the doctor right away. You will feel so much better once you get an answer. But don't assume that it is cancer. I wasted two days in a dead panic over nothing.

Closed Thread