It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
(male)

pip123 HB User
Going for CT guided biopsy Lymphadenopathy iliac inguinal and Retroperitoneal.

I am 1 54 YO male in BC Canada. I have been healthy most of my life but in the last 10 years problems have been accumulating. High blood pressure, Hiatal hernia, Sleep apnea, Chronic Bronchitis and I was recently diagnosed with coronary artery spasms.

I went for a CT scan for unrelated LUQ pain in December, the cause was not apparent but they did find lymphadenopathy in the Retroperitaneal, Periaortic, Iliac (4.1 CM), inguinal right-2.5CM, Inguinal left-2.8CM. The report suggests possible lymphoma or Leukemia. I am now waiting to be booked for a CT guided Biopsy to determine the malignancy or not of my lymph nodes.

It is frustrating as you have to wait and patience is not my strong suit.

I have had a myriad of other issues which I have mentioned to my Dr. over time which were not significant to him at the time, that I feel will turn out to be related. ie; Pain behind Left shoulder blade, Legs going numb from the top down, Serious pain in the left upper quadrant which increases rapidly when I try to be active and ongoing lower back pain.

Any Thoughts?

Don

Last edited by pip123; 01-05-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
(male)

pip123 HB User
Re: Going for CT guided biopsy Lymphadenopathy iliac inguinal and Retroperitoneal.

Update: I ended up going for a surgical biopsy instead. I got a pathology report indicating B-cell Lymphoma. They have narrowed it to three types. Follicular, Diffuse Large B-Cell or Burkitt Lymphoma. I am still waiting to hear from the oncologist.

Don

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Going for CT guided biopsy Lymphadenopathy iliac inguinal and Retroperitoneal.

Pip,
Sometimes the worst part is waiting for the diagnosis and waiting for treatment to begin. I don't know much about lymphoma or leukemia, but I do know that, whatever it turns out to be, there will be some treatment for it. Obviously some types of cancer are worse than others and more difficult to either cure or manage, but it frequently can be done. As a 2-time survivor (cancer of unknown primary with similarities to both squamous and small cell, 3rd stage, left inguinal node and bladder cancer, TA2), I found that the thing that helped me the most was not focusing on statistics or what might have caused the cancer but, rather, focusing on putting one foot in front of the other, keeping myself and my mind calm (lots of yoga and medidation), and believing that I had good doctors and that the treatments would work.

I wish you the very best of luck in battling this and that, as it has been for many of us, there is a lot of road left to travel on the other side of this nasty pothole!

Ruth
Status 10 years post CUP, 5 years post bladder CA.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
(male)

pip123 HB User

Thanks Sam,
My biopsy ended up a surgical biopsy and the results came back as one of 3 B-cell lymphomas Most likely Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma it is an aggresive but curable lymphoma. (Burkitt and Folicular were also mentioned) I go for staging tests Wednesday Feb 9th and the Oncologist shortly thereafter. Most likely Chimo in the immediate future.

Don

Closed Thread