It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
(male)

justinbobby HB User
Soft tissue sarcoma?

Hi,

I'd really appreciate it if anyone who has had a soft tissue sarcoma diagnosis or those that have some experience with the disease could verify whether the symptoms that i have could be a soft tissue sarcoma.
  • i'm 21 years old and male
  • accidently found a moderately hard 1.5 cm lesion on the anterior surface of my tibia in the middle on the 2nd jan this year
  • since then that primary lesion has doubled, across and up, still under the skin, but more importantly i felt swelling of the same texture, along the tibia from that initial lesion and it stops about 3cm from my ankle joint
  • that swelling has gone down but has been replaced with what i can feel as foci when palpated
  • two days ago i was inclined to not put any weight on it, don't know why, but around 4pm it felt like there was imense pressure buillding up in my leg when at REST it would go away if i started walking
  • that same night around 1030-12 it was aching really bad throbbing pain the ends of my toes were numb
  • havn't had that pain since, occasionaly aches when i walk, put weight on it, sometimes at rest, last night i didn't experience any aching pain
  • the first foci is around the same size, but the little foci down from it are now more pronounced but still need to be palpated well to be felt
    \
  • although at night the foci are large and hard, in the morning they seem flat and small, during the day they slowly get large enough
  • i don't feel hungry anymore, i used to always be snacking but don't have the urge anymore
  • i do have two enlarged lympnodes on my neck but they were within normal range and are just shotty my doctor said

Sorry for the massive list i just wanted to simplify things

i have been to the doctor, and have had a x ray done, it showed that there was no boney lesion, so it must be some sort of soft tissue lesion, will be having an ultrasound in two weeks. What concerns me is the pain at rest towards the afternoon (more like an increase in pressure) will wait and see if i get pain again at night. But what reassures me is that the swelling is less in the morning

Thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread