It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
(male)

Misanthropik HB User
Testicular Cancer?

I am 20 years old and in very good health. A couple of months ago, i discovered a very small, hard nodule on my left testicle (not on the scrotum, on the actual testicle). It was about the size of the tip of a pencile and felt hard to the touch. I was concerned, but didn't think much of it until a couple of weeks later when it nearly trippled in size and became extremely sore to the touch. It remained like this for just one night, and the next day seemed to become rather soft and was not as swollen as it had been the night before. It remained this way for about a month; slightly soft, not painful, not swollen.

Last night, however, i noticed that my entire testicle became very sore, a deep aching pain that stretched into my left leg.

I have not made a doctor's appointment, though i am in the process of doing so. Being a cynical kind of person, i'm sure it's cancer and will deal with that accordingly, but i'd just like to know what i'm in for in regard to testing and diagnosis and possibly even treatment. Anyone ever had something like this?

Last edited by Misanthropik; 02-03-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Testicular Cancer?

My husband had something very similar when he was about your age.
Unlike you, he did not want to "deal with it", because he was scared.
I forced him to go to the doctor.
It turned out to be a varicocele, which is not dangerous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
(male)

Misanthropik HB User
Re: Testicular Cancer?

That would actually make sense, because in addition to the lump, I recently noticed a vein running along the underside of the testicle that I've not noticed there before, it seemed rather enlarged. Not that I spend a lot of time feeling myself up *Wink*.

In any case, I've now got an appointment on Monday for a female doctor to fondle my man-parts. I'm actually not thrilled about it, but we shall see how it goes. *Sigh*

Closed Thread