It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

rendea HB User
Possibly Lymphoma.

I noticed a lump under my chin last May. I showed it to my Dr. and she said to just watch it since I had no other lumps. She said it could be a blocked saliva gland. After 3mos it was still there. Just there, no pain no redness, nothing. She decided to send me to an ENT. The following week the ENT looked and stated he wasn't sure. Just watch it for 6mos. I forgot about it, and recently I have had low grade fevers for 3mos now on and off. My dr ran a CBC and the only thing out of range was my lymph % it was 18. She said all looked good but was puzzled by my fevers. She took my temp for three weeks at different times and it was 99.5- 100.8. I also told her I had felt really tired. Like I was excersing every day. (which I wasn't) I get tired just walking up my steps. She ordered a chest xray and an ESR. I have MVP and she was concerned that maybe I had an infection in my heart. All came up clear. I then reminded her about my lump under my chin. She found another lump on my left side of my throat. I had a breast lump removed in 06 and it came back last year. (so we thought) I had an ultrasound and MRI, they said they thought it was probably just scar tissue. I just realized it feels just like a swollen lymph node. After I felt around I also found one above my collar bone. After talking to my friend who is an RN. She told me to google Lymphoma. Then to wait for my apt with the radiologist who my Dr. referred me to get an ultrasound and biopsy. Can you see lymphoma or "hodgkins" on an ultrasound? Whats the possiblity all these lyph nodes may be related to something else? If you were diagnosed how did it happen? What were your symptoms? I'm not worried, just anxious and would like to know more. My nodes are hard and kind of squishy. Except the one in my breast it's like a rock. Will they be able to determine if it's lymphoma right away? My only other symptom is my back feels likes its on fire. It constantly hurts. Thanks in advance for any help or just to hear your story. Take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
(female)

rendea HB User
Re: Possibly Lymphoma.

So I went to the ENT today and he said he wanted a CT with contrast. Does a CT with contrast show more than an ultrasound would? What does the contrast do? Can they tell if its cancerous with the CT? How long does it take to come back? Can I get an answer that day? If you can answer any of these please do so. I appreciate it. I'm just wondering why they want a CT now instead of an ultrasound.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
(female)

abcwangfoo HB User
Re: Possibly Lymphoma.

I,have swolen neck glands.They got worse&I,saw Oral surgeon.He,had me get MRI. I,was suppose to have Contrast(It shows more) I got scared&didnt stay in machine,long enough.However,it showed several small masses.I,had to take MRI CD &results to ENT.He,wasnt worried.He,said maybe stone in Salvtory gland.
Also;it showed Lymph node,slightly enlarged. As far as how long before results come back,mine was done on Friday&got news on Monday. It's better to do Contrast&Also,I,would have liked ENT to do needle aspiration,it really tells,whats going on. Best of luck to you HUGS Pat Also; I Have TMJ from eating.

The Following User Says Thank You to abcwangfoo For This Useful Post:
rendea (02-16-2011)
Closed Thread